PING i200 Review
PING have launched a brand new iron for 2017. The PING i200 compliments the iblade and is a more forgiving option in the 2017 range of PING 'i' irons.
Owen Davies recently headed to the PGA Show Demo Day to put the PING i200 iron to the test. You can check out his first impressions in the video above.
What PING say about the i200:
PING engineers created a head design that provides precision distances with horizontal and vertical trajectory control while substantially increasing forgiveness. A muscle-stabilising bar and deeper, longer tuning port harmonise with a thinner, faster face to create a powerful feel and sound. This results from the soft elastomer insert activating at impact to enhance face flexing for faster ball speeds while damping vibrations. The insert nearly doubled in volume, allowing for more than three times the amount of face contact. It is neatly concealed to create a clean cavity design, which is precision milled.
The soft, 431 stainless steel head has a hydropearl chrome finish that repels moisture for more control and helps minimise fliers from wet conditions and lies in the rough. The thin face (30% thinner than the i iron) and tuning port structure produce weight savings that are redistributed to the toe and hosel regions to greatly increase the moment-of-inertia in both the heel-toe and high-low orientations. Long irons launch high with increased distance and forgiveness. Precise short irons give golfers full command of their shot making.
i200 iron specifications and shaft options
- Available 3-9, PW, UW
- Stock steel shaft: PING AWT 2.0 (R, S, X)
- After-market shaft options (no upcharge): Project X 5.0, 6.0; XP 95 (R300, S300), N.S. Pro Modus3 105 (S, X), KBS Tour (R, S, X), Dynamic Gold (S300, X100)
- Stock graphite shaft: PING CFS 65/70/80 (Soft R, R, S)
- RRP: £120 per club w/steel shaft; £130 per club w/graphite shaft
For more information, please visit http://www.ping.com/.
comments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- Benross HTX Compressor Type R Driver Review
- PGA Professionals hail use of C-Knit technology in latest Galvin Green range
- Golf clubs with fingers in the right pies - and not a soggy bottom in sight
- Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Review
- FootJoy Pro SL Review
Tee Time Search
We recently rolled out a new search tool to make finding somewhere to play easier so you can find the right course, at the right time and at the right price. Why not give it a go?