Tour Approved Vokey T Grind Wedge is Now Available
The hugely popular Vokey T Grind, a favourite with tour players such as Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas, is now available for golfers to purchase through WedgeWorks.
Inspired by Bob Vokey’s work with one of the game’s all-time best wedge players, the T Grind was designed for great hands and a vivid short-game imagination. Available in 58º and 60º lofts, it is ideal for a shallow angle of attack in firm conditions, with low bounce and a narrow crescent surface. Compared to Vokey’s L grind, it has a wider back flange which allows for lower measured bounce.
“Wedge play is an art, and the T Grind brings out the best in the artist,” Vokey said. “The leading edge stays low to the playing surface as the wedge is rotated which allows you to hit a variety of shots from tight lies. This is the wedge that really made Vokey Grinds an important part of our process - and still to this day is a great option.”
T GRIND ON TOUR
Along with Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas, players such as Cam Smith, Will Zalatoris, Cameron Young and Webb Simpson have all recently trusted the T Grind in their lob wedge setups. According to Vokey Tour Representative Aaron Dill, consistency of contact was key to Cameron Young’s move to a T Grind.
“Cameron’s previous model caused the ball to come out inconsistently, meaning he’d have to compensate with technique,” said Dill. “As we moved into T Grind, it was immediately clear that the sole was reacting better on those open-faced greenside shots, with more speed as it went through the turf.”
The T Grind continues to grow in popularity on tour, especially in Europe where players are often faced with links-style conditions.
“I’ve had players say they feel like they can hit any shot with the T Grind wedge,” said Will Harvey, Vokey’s European Tour Rep. “The combination of the forward bounce for low pitch shots and the grind for the soft control shots is something needed with the vast amount of shots required on links or firmer course set ups.”
- Forward Centre of Gravity progression - The CG has been raised vertically by adding weight to the topline design, where a tapered pad at the back of the toe helps align the CG properly without being visible from the playing position.
- New patented spin milled process for maximum spin - A new spin milled cutting process in the SM9 models - which includes tightening our allowable tolerances - produces consistently sharper grooves wedge after wedge, resulting in higher, more consistent spin.
VOKEY WEDGE SELECTOR | The Vokey Wedge Selector tool on the Titleist website helps golfers select the proper loft, bounce and grind options for their swing and course conditions. Vokey recommends that golfers visit their local Titleist fitter to confirm the results. Experience the Vokey Wedge Selector tool at: Vokey Wedge Selector (titleist.co.uk).
ADVANCED PERSONALISATION AND CUSTOM OPTIONS | Vokey Design SM9 wedges feature a modern, clean look, which provides a canvas for customisation. The WedgeWorks custom options include:
- Six unique toe engravings
- Stamping options | 10-character Straight/Freestyle stamping; 15 characters around the toe; and two lines of 10 characters each
- Custom paint-filled | Loft, Bounce and Grind markings and BV Wings logo
- SM9 wedges can also be custom ordered with an industry-leading selection of shafts, grips, shaft bands and ferrules.
STOCK SHAFT and GRIP | Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 | Grip: Tour Velvet 360 White
LOFTS, FINISHES, BOUNCE | Lofts: 58° and 60° in RH/LH | Finishes: Tour Chrome (RH only), Raw (RH/LH) | Bounce | 4°
AVAILABILITY and PRICING | WedgeWorks 2022 T Grind is available through golf shops worldwide and Vokey Design Wedges | SM9 | Titleist from 8th June 2022 | SRP £209
What do you think? post your thoughts and feedback on the Golfshake Forum: https://forum.golfshake.com/