Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Bored & Frustrated

Posted by: user430457 | Thu 9th Feb 2012 20:24 | Last Reply

I struggle to play as often as i would like generally but I now haven't played a round since New Year's Day due to the poor weather, family commitments and Wolves' home fixtures.

I've had a few trips to the range and been trying out putting and chipping drills in the living room but it's not quite the full experience.

Had hoped for a cheeky 9 as i was down in Essex for a meeting today but of course the snow was still around.

Roll on the good weather and a bit of time; may even consider swapping my season ticket for membership at a club.

Anyone else brassed off or got any suggestions for relieing the boredom?

re: Bored & Frustrated
user379886
Reply : Thu 9th Feb 2012 23:07

Stop going to Molineux especially when we play you(Stoke),just joking.At least the days are getting lighter so there will be more game time soon.

i have been getting out twice a week,but it has become a bit of a lottery latel,more like pinball than golf.

user369251
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 10:48

Same here gents, frustration at the conditions. I think playing in this weather and ground conditions off mats does your game more harm than good

user48341
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 18:33

If you've got a Wii machine there's a little golf training game on Wii Sports or Wii sports resort that I find is good for improving the rhythm of my swing. It involves chipping & pitching onto a green from varying distances over bunkers, out of rough, etc. There's 10 holes and your final score is given by the total aggragte distance from the flag that your chips end up. If your ball goes off the green you get +30 meters added to your score.

I played it obsessively for weeks and have got a platinum medal for getting my aggregate total down to 17.6m. See if any of you can beat that - I know I can't!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top