Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hi!

Posted by: user441440 | Sat 7th Jan 2012 21:23 | Last Reply

Hi all,

I just wanted to say a quick hello! I have not played all that much golf in the past few years and have decided that 2012 is going to be different! I used to play off a handicap of 12 when I was at school and am hoping to get back to a similar standard this year.

I played a few times between Christmas and New Year which helped me get into the swing of things but my first round of 2012 was personally, a little dissapointing. Today was quite the opposite and pretty embarrassing!

I am using The Warwickshire as my local course and booked a early tee time as a 1 ball, fully expecting to be paired up with some members. Sure enough three members were waiting on the the tee and asked if I would like to join them. I agreed and after exchanging names etc they told me I was now the fourth member of the team competing against the group in front. On hearing this I knew what the next question was going to be... "so what are you playing off".

I explained to them I was just starting again after a few years break and was told I could play off 28, however having shot 21 playing badly last weekend I decided this was not right and said I would play off 19.

Walking off the 18th green with a gross score of 78 and 48 points was definitely the most embarrassing moment of my golfing career. To make matters worse the 78 included a lost ball and a penalty drop.

Needless to say my score was discounted from the group competition, however the guys very graciously invited me for a drink in the bar!

I have a feeling the rest of 2012 is going to be very frustrating year knowing I posted my best ever round in the first bloody week!

If anyone fancy's a game in Warwickshire / West Midlands give me a shout. I will obvioulsy be adjusting my handicap accordingly!

Mark 

Last edit : Sat 7th Jan 2012 21:24
re: Hi!
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 02:10

BANDIT.........         

Welcome to the site Mark, and with scoring like that you won't be far from getting your 12 handicap back again.

Nothing worse than joining a group you don't know, telling them your handicap and then playing like a semi-professional!

Don't be scared to ask questions on here, people are always will to help.

Russ

user249902
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 16:29

I can't play to that standard but if your free in the week I will try and get over, the Warwickshire is only 20 minutes from me

user441440
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 17:12

Hi Robert,I am working abroad this week and to be honest will only really get a chance to play at the weekend . If you fancy a game on a Saturday or Sunday let me know. Where do you normally play?Mark

user249902
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 17:46

Mark, I'm a member at Copsewood Grange, Coventry. I play competitions Saturdays and roll ups on Sundays, If your free any time when you return let me know.

user430457
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 18:42

Hi Mark,

i posted recently that I'm due to play in a corporate do at Warwks in July so would really welcome the opportunity to have a go beforehand.

I won't be up to your level of play but as a relative newbie to the game would really appreciate a friendly round. I'm largely restricted to Sunday afternoons, so when the days are a little longer perhaps we could meet up.

Cheers,

P

user441440
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 18:50

Robert, I will definitely give you a shout if I can arrange a day off mid week.Paul, yer a Sunday afternoon sounds great. As you say it will probably be best to wait until the days are a a bit longer.Mark

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 19:18

Mark, welcome to the site and great scoring.  Looks like you will be back at 12, or lower, very soon!

user441440
Reply : Sun 8th Jan 2012 20:18

Darren, thanks for the welcome. Yes I'm hoping my last round was not just a fluke!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top