Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What are your must do 'challenges, goals, achievements'

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 22nd Nov 2011 14:30 | Last Reply

for example ....

drive the 10th green on the Brabazon at the Belfry

Hit the green and sink the birdie putt on the 17th at Rufford Park Golf Club (elevated tee, tiny poststamp green)

love to hear yours

re: What are your must do 'challenges, goals, achievements'
user379886
Reply : Tue 22nd Nov 2011 21:30

Hole in one,but that won't happen while I have a hole in my arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 22nd Nov 2011 21:48

Hole in one on a par 4.  Will make it just that little bit more special.  Be nice if it was the 10th on the Brabazon as no-one has ever done it.  15th of the 2010 at Celtic Manor would be good too

user61256
Reply : Wed 23rd Nov 2011 19:07

Par the Par 5 18th on the Gleneagles Ryder Cup Course :-)

user52922
Reply : Wed 23rd Nov 2011 19:41

Myself and my partner won the Belfry Autumn Cup with 42 points stableford on the Brabazon in 1978, shortly after it opened for business and I was fortunate enought hit the 10th green with my drive from the tee.

user410273
Reply : Wed 23rd Nov 2011 19:58

I'd like to play the Brabazon course at the Belfry. Add to that Royal Lytham, St David's, & Sunningdale (or one of the other great courses in that area).

My ultimate ambition, read pipe dream, would to play a round with my two sons (one's a pro) who play and my dad but we'll have to wait for another lifetime - but by eck the banter would be absolutely amazing.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 23rd Nov 2011 20:22

The Brabazon is a great matchplay course and there are some stand out individual holes, but if I'm honest I think there are much better strokeplay courses out there.  One of those is even at the same club (the PGA National)

Best way to play the Brabazon at a reasonable price is to take part in the Brabazon Challenge.  £200 per four-ball, stableford team comp.  Played midweek once per month (March to Sept I think) with qualifying teams playing in a final

user294839
Reply : Thu 24th Nov 2011 16:36

are you suppoused to be hitting the 10th at the brab off 18 hahaha great effort

user294839
Reply : Thu 24th Nov 2011 16:37

All I want is to play around to par

user52922
Reply : Thu 24th Nov 2011 18:51

are you suppoused to be hitting the 10th at the brab off 18 hahaha great effort.

Daniel I know plenty of players off 18 who certainly have the length to drive the 10th on the Brabazon, but to stop your laughter in its tracks, I will let into a little secret that in 1978 I was still playing off 1 handicap.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top