Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

poor game

Posted by: user427544 | Wed 16th Nov 2011 15:39 | Last Reply

Hi all new to the forum and this is my first post. I startede playing golf when i was 8 and I was pretty good and at the age of 17 I stopped playing for sum reason . I am now 25 and moved to Ireland 2 years ago and decided to take my clubs with me as there is a nice local course. I play wen I can but I am utter hopeless these days. people that could not beat me back in the day are just making me look like an ameutor and I cannot lower my score's . does anyone have any tips on getting mygame back close to what I am capable of playing at

re: poor game
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 16th Nov 2011 20:54

Hi Scott, welcome to the site.  There is a simple answer to your question

Practice, practice, then practice some more

user249902
Reply : Thu 17th Nov 2011 03:55

Sorry Chris, I disagree. Continuos practise will only ingrain bad habits. Have just one lesson to get the basics right, and then go from there.

My game stalled for 12 months, I had a lesson the game got worse, but in the last 7 weeks I have had 5 personal bests and won my first competiton.

user406037
Reply : Thu 17th Nov 2011 15:32

I would also recommend getting a lesson and then practice practice pratice what he has shown and tought you.

Good luck!!!

user16106
Reply : Thu 17th Nov 2011 19:10

Scott, you say you got quite good in the past, how good was this? As for now, even though your scores are not very good they are inproving vastly each time you play. I would agree with the above and have 1 lesson and go from there. Best of luck.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top