Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Newbie PB

Posted by: user432170 | Sun 6th Nov 2011 18:49 | Last Reply

Hi All,

James here. I am a complete novice and would just like to share the day I have had today.

Finally got to playing 18holes today instead of the usual 9 and hit 100 for the full round. 45 out and 55 in. Also hit my 2nd ever birdie.  Gradually getting there.  

Putting and hitting my irons nicely on my way out and useless on the way back. Can't seem to lose the slice on my driver but have my first lesson next week which is hopefully the start.

I have noticed I used to hit over 60 ( 9holes ) and it felt like a bad round, now I have recently been hitting 52/53 and that feels bad. Today felt awesome.

Only started playing late summer and feel like I've improved loads.

Looking forward to joining in some discussions ( when I feel I'm up to par )

Cheers

re: Newbie PB
user410273
Reply : Sun 6th Nov 2011 19:48

Welcome James, and good scoring for someone so new to the game.

user250721
Reply : Sun 6th Nov 2011 20:20

That's a solid start. Good to have you here.

user432170
Reply : Sun 6th Nov 2011 21:47

Cheers for the comments guys. Definitely need work on my chipping Stephen.

Sorry Paul, it was my 2nd 18 hole round, just been putting in a lot of 9 holers. Played I think the 4th Oct at North Manchester ( great course, very  windy on the day ) 121 for the round. Have been getting a lot of tips from the members I bump into on the course, always offering advice and it's paying off.

user249902
Reply : Mon 7th Nov 2011 00:40

Good shooting, Only advice I would give is, don't panic when you score over 100, as posted earlier you may find your score fluctuate a bit untill you start to settle and then your next goal should be 90.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top