Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Initial Handicapp upon sign-up?

Posted by: user431189 | Sun 9th Oct 2011 19:37 | Last Reply

I have just signed up and before I entered in my 1st rounds in, GolfShake had decided I was on a 28 handicapp. I know I play off a 30 and as a result my stablefords have been compiled incorrectly.

Why has it arbitrarily chosen this number?

Thanks

re: Initial Handicapp upon sign-up?
user289859
Reply : Sun 9th Oct 2011 19:51

because as a male adult, the highest handicap that one can have is 28

user24437
Reply : Sun 9th Oct 2011 22:15

Yep, that's it in a nutshell.  The handicap won't actually set until you put 3 rounds in anyway.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 9th Oct 2011 22:26

Under the CONGU handicapping system the maximum handicap that an adult male can have is 28.

As Tim has already stated, you need to put three scorecards in before the system will give you your initial handicap.

Once you have this then all your scorecards that you enter will be adjusted according to your initial handicap.

Russ

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 10th Oct 2011 08:12

Hi Peter, welcome to the site.  I think the other guys have assisted with the query on the 28 handicap but in relation to this question

I know I play off a 30 and as a result my stablefords have been compiled incorrectly

if we don't know your handicap, for example your first 3 rounds, then when you add your round you will notice that the strokes box will default to 28.  This is then used for the computation of the stableford points.

Next time you add a round check out the strokes box and you will see this will be your playing handicap.  It's also worth noting this can be adjusted/overridden but is used only for stableford points and is ignored for handicap purposes.  This is to allow calculation of points in competitions that may be 3/4 of someone's handicap.

Final point for anyone reading, the system will be soon updated so that for the first 3 rounds when we don't know your handicap this strokes box will not default to 28 but 0.  This will aid in improving the results in the virtual leaderboard and virtual competitions.

Regards, Darren.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 10th Oct 2011 16:19

Women = 36

Juniors sometimes go up to 54

Registered blind also use a system to allow up to 54

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top