Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hi everybody just a newbie to site.

Posted by: user422942 | Sat 3rd Sep 2011 17:11 | Last Reply

���������� Hi ive have been playing golf for just over a year now and im pleased to say im really enjoying it! You get so much statisfaction when your game starts to improve. I decided to look for a product to help me and after looking through different books and websites I finally found this Golf Guide. Please take a look it helped me so much and my game is seeing definate results!

Last edit : Sun 4th Sep 2011 09:13
re: Hi everybody just a newbie to site.
user131525
Reply : Sat 3rd Sep 2011 19:53

I assumed it had been removed by the mods as it is obviously SPAM.

user131525
Reply : Sat 3rd Sep 2011 20:06

Because it's an often repeated trick - new "member" signs up, no rounds entered, no buddies, no other information and their first post is about some "miracle" product they've "discovered".  As I say, SPAM. 

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 3rd Sep 2011 20:23

Certainly isn't the way I would introduce myself onto a new forum!

Russ

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 3rd Sep 2011 20:29

I removed the link for eaxctly the reason James said.  It's nothing personal David, but we have had a few recently.  If it makes you feel a little better, I actually came onto the thread to welcome you to the site so I'll do that now. 

Welcome to the site David and welcome to the wonderful addictive game that destroys your life and sanity.  Golf

Reply : Sat 3rd Sep 2011 23:13

No offence caused David.  We've had lots of experience of spamming, ranging from just posting a link in a new thread, through replying to threads with "I get some clubs from www.reallydodgyfakeclubs.co.ch.  They really cheap and help me play more better", on to replying with a really helpful post that finishes with "Try this link, the advice really helped me" when the poster is the website owner.  We've even had two "different" posters, one having a problem and the other being the helpful assister with a full thread conversation that finishes with "Try this website" in an attempt to make it look more legitimate. 

If you look back in the forums (not too far either if you use Active Posts) you will see several people have been stung by buying fake clubs.  One of the favourite tactics of these fake suppliers is to try to befriend via forums such as these.  You can see why I (we) were cautious. 

Last edit : Sat 3rd Sep 2011 23:14
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 4th Sep 2011 09:15

David, I didn't click on the link which may be very useful to us all because I wonder why the link goes through click bank which is a none affiliate marketing scheme. Who's making the money on this ?

Reply : Sun 4th Sep 2011 10:12

I checked the link before I removed it and saw click bank in it.  Wasn't sure what it was hence removing it

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top