Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Newbie!

Posted by: user404471 | Sat 13th Aug 2011 11:18 | Last Reply

Morning Guys and Gals,

Just recently joined the Golfing brigade and boy its fustrating! but so worth it when it goes right!

Started with a cheap set of SportsDirect Dunlop specials (graphite shaft) but quickly realised / told that this did not suit my swing speed. Needed steel shafts, brought irons from American Golf Callaway Big Berths's as needed max forgiveness! these dropped 8 shots off my next 18 holes........

Just about to go out and buy a good driver now as the one I have been given is 2003 Taylor Made, local golf pro suggested Ping G15 as bigger head and again that magic word more "forgivness"

Gone from going round my local "tight" course which is a 9 hole par 32, 1st round scored 60, now have done two rounds in 87! My father in law who plays off 13 went round in 40, so I've come along way but plenty more to do!

Have had a couple of lessons now and boy it "screws" you up........ Changing everything your learn, OK learned wrongly. I'm guessing it will all pay of when I get better.

Cheers for reading

Chris

re: Newbie!
user52922
Reply : Sat 13th Aug 2011 12:35

Christopher, you only have to stand on any tee, at any golf course, and you will see that the word "forgiveness" is nothing more than marketing hype from the manufacturers. Your 2003 Taylormade will be just as good as anything else currently on the market. If you are not able to hit that effectively, then I can asure you that a new one will not do it for you either. Spend your hard earned money on lessons, as that is the only way forward in this game. Good Luck.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top