Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golfshake handicap. Frustration

Posted by: user306674 | Sun 10th Apr 2011 08:01 | Last Reply

Hello, I have joined Golfshake now for nearly 12 months.

I only have the basic account, I use it to keep track of my scores, however as my scores have come down, when I click to recalculate my handicap it does not change.

When I first joined it calculated my handicap as 28, after submitting 3 scores of around 115, 114 and 118, now my scores are down to 104, 102 and 96, but my handicap is still 28.

Do I have to subscribe to Golfshake to update my handicap or am I doing something wrong for it not to update automatically.

Any help,advice would be welcome.

Tony

Last edit : Sun 10th Apr 2011 17:20
re: Golfshake handicap. Frustration
user24437
Reply : Sun 10th Apr 2011 08:10

Had a quick look at your scores Tony and it looks like your handicap is right.  Your last round was 96 but it was on par 66 course, so with a h'cap of 28 you need to shoot 94 maximum to get anywhere near a cut.  Your scores are coming down steadily though so it shouldn't be long, you were only 3 shots off a cut at Hilltop last time round.

re: Golfshake handicap. Frustration
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 10th Apr 2011 17:24

You have to work your handicap out using the SSS for the course you have played, not the par.

Remember, that for handicap purposes you can only score two shots above your handicap.  So if you are playing a par 4 hole and you get 1 shot, the most you can score on that hole will be a 7.  Even if you shoot a 10 it will put you down for a 7.

If you play a course that is a par 72, with a SSS of 71 then you will need to shoot 98 to reduce your handicap.

SSS is 71, your handicap is 28, 71 + 28 = 99.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top