Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hi

Posted by: user374006 | Fri 8th Apr 2011 00:01 | Last Reply

Hey guys.

Im a newbie and am yet to buy my own set of clubs. Looking around wilson seem to offer the best value for money from what i can see. I've given myself a budget of  £200 tops. The best looking sets ive found so far are:

http://www.118golf.co.uk/Golf-Clubs-Golf-Package-Sets/Wilson-Staff/Wilson-Ultra-MOI-Golf-Set-FREE-BALLS-TOWEL_ct1550bd74
pd10802.htm

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_packages/wilson/1200_xcg_complete_package_golf_packages/p11202

Any suggestions as to which to go for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

re: Hi
user88541
Reply : Tue 12th Apr 2011 22:47

I suggest that you don't buy anything without using it first.

Also, most good golf retailers will have loads of quality second hand sets of clubs that have been traded in. These will usually be better value, not to mention quality, than budget sets of glistening but inferior/starter clubs.

Check out your local stores (American Golf, etc.) and have a word with the Pro. Ask to hit a few balls whilst he watches you and see what he thinks.

Finally, remember that all bright and shiny, expensive, stuff is the work of the devil as far as helping us golfers to play better golf is concerned. So, don't be sucked in like the rest of us - stay realistic and within your limitations, as opposed to expectations.

Happy shopping and have fun.

Last edit : Tue 12th Apr 2011 22:51

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top