Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Anywhere open today??

Posted by: user26342 | Sat 18th Dec 2010 09:50 | Last Reply

This white stuff is really getting on my wick. If I don't get out soon I'm going to go mad, mad I say!!

re: Anywhere open today??
user77012
Reply : Sat 18th Dec 2010 09:52

there are loads open unfortunately all the airports are closed to take you there!

user26342
Reply : Sat 18th Dec 2010 10:35

Damn,

I'd got my case packed as well!

Nice to hear from you.

user126818
Reply : Mon 20th Dec 2010 13:57

Steve try WGT online just type it into google, you can play the world

user24437
Reply : Mon 20th Dec 2010 14:49

We played yesterday up near Doncaster and it was a hoot.  The course was frozen so solid it was impossible to damage it, the tee boxes were so hard that some of the groups before us had hammers and screwdrivers to get a hole big enough to get a tee in.  The round actually turned out to be a bit like links golf Xtreme, I saw tee shots stopping dead and taking 40 yard bounces - sometimes straight, sometimes at wild angles.  The fairways had absolutely no give, not even as much as a range mat and going in the water was just inconvenient, if you could get grip you could (and yes someone did) play a shot from a pond.  Putting was slow due to the frost and breaks were unreadable.

Haven't had as much fun on a golf course for ages.  I even played (and succeeded in) deliberately going for a pitch on one pond because at least knew that it would bounce straight....

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 20th Dec 2010 17:43

Thorne Golf Club is like that in the middle of the summer!

Russ

user24437
Reply : Mon 20th Dec 2010 18:40

Doesn't tend to bounce off the water though Russ, but I can see your point with the greens - especially as they've now got a moat all the way around the green on the 18th.

user338942
Reply : Mon 20th Dec 2010 19:56

i playe twice over the weekend, was great fun. absolute lottery around the greens, but good to get out again

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 20th Dec 2010 21:04

Weds now out for me, just done a 'Dave Marshall' and cut my hand requiring stitches and all hopes of golf on Wednesday now dashed   watch the sun come out and it get above 0c !

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top