Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Awful score ... at least we were quick!

Posted by: user320447 | Mon 22nd Nov 2010 10:06 | Last Reply

Had a round of golf at Hollins Hall in Shipley on Saturday (Free bacon and egg rolls at the halfway house! Awesome!).

I'm still learning the game and very slowly improving, but really enjoy it none the less.

First hole - great drive, good lay-up, 2 putts - par! Thought "Today is my day!".

How wrong could I be! Ended up going round in 131! cryinghttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/cry_smile.gif" title="crying" width="20" />

My playing partner didn't have a great game either. The strange thing was, we both seemed to be driving well and hardly spent any time in the rough. Only lost a couple of balls to water (honest guv!). Our round was sub 4 hours which is something I've never managed! God knows where the majority of our shots came from!

I keep checking how many fingers I've got on each hand to see if I can blame it on some sort of miscalculation!

Regardless of this we had a really good day and a great laugh, which is all that matters to me (I know others will argue against me! laughhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/teeth_smile.gif" title="laugh" width="20" /> 

re: Awful score ... at least we were quick!
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 22nd Nov 2010 10:28

Well done John.  In your defence Hollins Hall can be a tough track if you don't keep it on the short cut stuff! especially with the hills/walk etc

But I bet after all that you remembered all the good shots and are itching to get back out again!

user320447
Reply : Mon 22nd Nov 2010 10:37

Ha ha, hell yeah!

I think I just need to take a deep breath when I duff the ball or mess up and concentrate on the next shot.

Playing Malton in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

edit - Oh, and there was no walking ... buggy all the way! Ha ha!

Last edit : Mon 22nd Nov 2010 10:38
user127691
Reply : Mon 22nd Nov 2010 13:11

Just goes to show where the shots that count are made. You can have 100% FIR but it means nothing if you can't get it in the hole.

I also find buggies lead me to score badly. To much time spent rushing around finding partners balls etc. not having the right club etc. Throws my game right off.

user320447
Reply : Tue 23rd Nov 2010 11:59

Very much agree with that Gary. I've had much better rounds when every one of my drives have ended up in the rough!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top