Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

First signs of a grooved natural swing perhaps???

Posted by: user259181 | Tue 12th Oct 2010 18:58 | Last Reply

Well I've been playing this game for a year now and for the whole time I've never felt fully comfortable with my swing, now this was never a problem but is was something I was able to feel.

Through this last year I've scored any thing from 117 to 86 - with my last 10 rounds or so being very consistant.

In the last 5 or so rounds though I've felt at ease with my swing and flow, I've not had to think too much and as a result I'm getting closer to the pin on average, my drives are better on average and I'm finding myself in par and birdie opportunites more often.

Now my scores haven't been the lowest I've shot before but I feel a real pressure/force behind me that makes me feel that because of the more natural way I'm playing and feeling, that sooner or later I'll take the step into being in the 80's on a regular basis.

I say this might be to do with 'grooving' a swing because I feel calmer and I believe that the other parts of my game were there before......it was just that my swing felt un-natural and awkward

I didn't mean for any of this to come across as gloating or anything......I'd be interested in hearing if this is a normal thing that happens as a golfer improves.

Last edit : Tue 12th Oct 2010 19:43

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top