Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ok technically not my first post..

Posted by: user324722 | Wed 18th Aug 2010 22:00 | Last Reply

..but a formal introduction never goes amiss.

I started playing a couple of months ago, very much enjoying it. I try to play at least twice a week with a visit or 2 to the range as time permits.

I've yet to join a club (all in good time) but I suppose my 'home' club would be Woodbury Park here in Devon where I'm to be found ploughing my way around the 9 hole Acorns course. I've yet to get the bottle up to try the 18 hole Oaks course.

Immediate goals are to get round the 9 hole course consistently under 50 which I'm currently doing about 50% of the time.

So...hello from me, it's nice to be here :-)

Cheers

Paddy

re: Ok technically not my first post..
user77012
Reply : Wed 18th Aug 2010 23:16

Nice to have you here Paddy, keep plugging away on the 9 holer, but concentrate on the short game thats where it's at . Work from the green back to the tee . We will come and have a knock with you on the Oaks when you feel ready there's a few of us here that like playing there.

user77012
Reply : Wed 18th Aug 2010 23:39

Thought you were coming out David  ! Skype me.

user24437
Reply : Thu 19th Aug 2010 00:08

Ah, yes Woodbury - certainly not for the faint hearted.  Would definitely be up for another knock round there, I'd be interested to see what the course looks like without the driving rain and howling wind.... 

user77012
Reply : Thu 19th Aug 2010 00:10

Raining Chump I think Tim arn't you excuse the pun.

user24437
Reply : Thu 19th Aug 2010 00:31

Well worth the 420 mile drive, £70 in petrol to win £7!

See what you've stumbled across Paddy?  If this golf bug really, really grabs you you'll never be short of a game with a decent bunch of players (decent blokes, although not always decent players that is).  When you do pluck up the courage to take on the Oaks don't be too embarrassed if some of the guys here offer to join you, we've all been in your position and the worst thing that can happen is you go a bit red - no-one I've come across through this site has ever been anything less than supportive and encouraging.   

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top