Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ex-viewer - Now a poster

Posted by: user326345 | Fri 6th Aug 2010 18:56 | Last Reply

Been viewing this forum for few weeks so i decided it was time i actually introduce myself! I'm Jamie, i'm 21 and i've been playing golf since feb 2008. I used to diss golf for being boring, pointless trying to get a tiny ball into a tiny hole and no achievement to come from it. One session at my local driving range and then 18 holes few days later changed my views completely. To this day, i still don't know what it is about trying to get a ball into a hole but it's a exhilarating experience, espescially when you walk off the course with a good round.

My handicap is 19.9 (Been cut 3 times this year!) I'm a member of a golf society and so far, so good. Not too sure what else i should say about myself but i like this site, it has alot of information regarding courses, tips and clubs which helps broaden my knowledge. Not only that, there seems to be a good atmosphere on here so hopefully i can contribute to that :D

I guess that's all from me! Thanks for reading

re: Ex-viewer - Now a poster
user77012
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 19:03

HI Jamie , welcome to the forum.Being in Hampshire you are to far away from a lot of social golf we orgainise on here we play at South Winchester ,Newbury and Sherfield so keepyour eyes peeled and come and join us.

user77012
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 19:15

Members on here dont need to much of an excuse to play south winchester not sure if it;s Royal or not. Donnington grove at newbury is one of our regular venues and we have a few members at Sherfield Oaks Golf Club.

user52922
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 19:25

1, It is an extremely long course to walk round.

2, Being a long hitter will certainly help.

It is a great course and you will enjoy it, I'm sure.

Last edit : Fri 6th Aug 2010 20:09
user77012
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 19:27

Fairways,green,fairways,green It plays quite long Jamie so good driving is a must, but you will enjoy it it;s a great track.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th Aug 2010 22:13

I played there twice a week through last summer Jamie.  My advice would be to pay attention to the contours of the fairways as most of them will kick one way or another, especially on the front 9.  The greens are reasonably big and hide a lot of subtle breaks so getting close to the pin will really help.  Oh, and if you're carrying, make sure your bag is as light as possible; it's a very long walk!

Welcome to the site

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 7th Aug 2010 10:14

Most holes have some bail out along the sides of the fairways and the rough is not that bad.  There are a few holes that have out of bounds along the sides though.  Most of the greens are quite well protected by either contours or bunkers to that should be your concern.  Hitting the 10th in 3 will be an achievement!!!

user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 8th Aug 2010 18:40

Welcome to the site Jamie, as you can see everyone is more than happy to give their opinion.

Glad you like the features and news. Hope your golf game will continue to improve and you can get cut even more!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top