Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf has given me something even better!

Posted by: user293240 | Thu 22nd Jul 2010 18:25 | Last Reply

I have spent the last year or so caring for my other half who got all broke when nipper was born, it has got progressivly worse and most recently she is almost unable to walk, cant climb stairs etc blah.

Golf has been an amazing escape from what has become a very tiring and difficult home life, the rest of my friends and hobbies have obviously suffered including having to stand down from my resposibilities at Hayling Islands lifeboat station untill she got better.

Today I switched my pager back on, got down the station and checked the boats over and caught up with whats been going on. Its only been a month or so (maybe two) but it feels like forever!!!

So, I go and play golf and the missus gets the confidence to be without me for a couple of hours enabling me to dress in rubber and get cold and wet. Another awwesome benefit of this great sport

so raise a glass/mug of whatever your drinking and say thanks to golf for giving me back a huge part of my life. Hoorah!!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top