Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

'Born again' Golfer

Posted by: user301688 | Mon 19th Jul 2010 17:48 | Last Reply

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I'm getting back into the game after a 6 year break. I thought it would be great if there was something i could enjoy with my little boy when he gets a bit older. He's 4 just now so i thought if i had a couple of years playing then get him into the game with me when he's around 6. I know a lot members out there will say get him into it now but to be honest we played crazy golf the other day and he looked more like he was playing tennis than golf! I never really had an official handicap before but probably played to around 18. I played my first game today after my lay off and shot a 94 so hopefully i can bring it down quite quick.

re: 'Born again' Golfer
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 20th Jul 2010 11:29

Hey Bruce, welcome to the site.

Great start with a 94, sure you will see your handicap tumble once you get some more games under your belt.

Yep sure some will see get your son playing now, my boy's 3 tomorrow and similar to you he would sooner swing it round and hit things than do what I say!  I've also considered not even getting him started after seeing this video from another Golfshaker's son  this kid wasn't even 2 I'm sure his swing's better than some of those attending Golfshake events

http://www.golfshake.com/forums/view/4204/Rate_my_sons_swing.html ;

Regard, Darren. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top