Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hey there from manchester

Posted by: user319928 | Mon 19th Jul 2010 15:59 | Last Reply

Hi everyone, thought id stop by and say hello!

Im based in Manchester, and Im a completely noob when it comes to playing golf, but recently my interest has peaked! Ive recently joined a new team in work, where everybody plays golf and along with my friends also playing a lot more it has got my in the mood to give it a go, the Open at the weekend ! My current experience is literally knocking a ball around a field oh and the golf challenge at Alton Towers! In addition im a whizz at Tiger Woods golf :D

Ive emailed the pro at Castle Hawk to see about booking myself in for some lessons, £60 for 6 half hour lessons seems very reasonable and im also heading down to the driving range at the Trafford Centre this week in order to just swing a club at some balls! Hopefully i shall be unleashed upon the courses in the near future and give this golf lark a go! I think im going to hold off buying any clubs for the time being, and even when i do, its only likely to be a set of irons plus a putter, and even then it will probably be a cheapo set from Sports World or ebay!

On another note, what courses would you recommend in the Manchester area for beginners, you know just incase i get hooked!

Anyways, enough from me, thanks for reading my ramble!

Cheers 

re: Hey there from manchester
user5999
Reply : Mon 19th Jul 2010 21:31

Hi Andy

Marland golf course in Rochdale is quite a good municipal

I've just decided to get back into golf myself

Jack

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top