Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How many courses played in your life ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 14th Jun 2010 15:08 | Last Reply

Just been asked this question by National Club Golfer via twitter @ncgmagazine

Joe's 20 and played 40+ so far.   I'm 34 have played 8 years on and off and have played around 50+

So what about everyone else ?  not looking for the most, JP would prob win but just a general idea for all the Golfshakers on the forums.  Anyone younger than Joe broken 50+ ???

Obviously tracking your scores on Golfshake is a great way to track courses played online not just for the stats, analysis or golf handicap but for a record of your acheivement.  Just make sure your wife's not checking if you upload a round for a date when you were on a training course  

re: How many courses played in your life ?
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 14th Jun 2010 15:37

I did this about a year ago and listed over 200 English courses, over 50 in Scotland, Wales & Ireland together, plus another 50 worldwide. That is over 300.

I do know that by 21yrs old I'd past 50 courses.

TheLyth

Last edit : Mon 14th Jun 2010 15:38
user24437
Reply : Mon 14th Jun 2010 15:56

A mere novice me then, have got 68 courses tracked on here in the 4 years on here, plus the ones before I started this and the Algarve ones  - so probably another 14 or 15 on top of that.  The total before I was 20 was, er, 2... (unless you count pitch and putts and crazy golf).

user83555
Reply : Mon 14th Jun 2010 21:58

20 - as a rough guess ! 

and I would like Darren to resolve my Society board problem !

sorry to cross threads / but I'm getting a little frustrated ! 

Last edit : Mon 14th Jun 2010 22:02
user130313
Reply : Tue 15th Jun 2010 03:19

I would guess at 50+ and i would say i have played well on 2 of them.

user21308
Reply : Sun 20th Jun 2010 15:07

In the five years as a member of Golfshake i've  63 course favourites. So minus a couple of doubles 50 + ish i think.

Does that qualify for golf gypsy status?

Be good to get to 100!

Last edit : Wed 21st Jul 2010 22:14
user23840
Reply : Sun 20th Jun 2010 20:58

I'd say about 100.

user24437
Reply : Sun 20th Jun 2010 21:11

Another two new ones since my last post.....

user24437
Reply : Wed 21st Jul 2010 20:51

Agree about Continental, great way to sell back your ticket - I've been in a few poker style stand-offs as the hardened travellers held out for better deals.  Worse thing I found was if you actually got on the flight.  Did once do the deal of a lifetime with them flying back to London which was, inevitably way over-booked - I ended up going to Paris business class on Air France with a shuttle back to E. Mids.  Result.. 

user52922
Reply : Wed 21st Jul 2010 21:29

I can remember doing the same thing at St.Louis airport when the flight was overbooked to London. I stayed till the next day, with luxurious overnight hotel accommodation and a very nice evening meal together with a system wie return for two to any destination on their schedule.

I later used these two tickets for one way for myself and wife to San Francisco returning out of LAX Los Angeles. I could have gone to Hawaii but I felt the long flight time would not have been good for my heart.

user83555
Reply : Wed 21st Jul 2010 22:00

Darren 

Surely an appropriate time to publish from the site two things

1 - Total average courses played per member (simply as a matter of interest)

2. - And maybe of more interest to members top 10 % of what those courses are by virtue of "Favourite Analysis" - per the site ? and of course there will be regional influence

but what the hell ? let us see what comes out on top after all we all travel to a degree !

user24437
Reply : Thu 22nd Jul 2010 00:38

Ivan - I've played a couple of courses lately around the £10 mark - Allestree, the muni north of Derby, great layout and pretty good greens considering and Ormonde Fields near Codnor, a little cracker.  Lots of deals to be had around here for under £15 as well.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top