Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Why does no one have Golf Bags in stock?

Posted by: user15152 | Mon 17th May 2010 20:39 | Last Reply

Had the unfortunate happen today, went to the range to practice and coming back to my bag with my basket of balls thought my bottom pocket was unzipped on my Powakaddy Bag, on close inspection the pocket had seperated from the bag itself and the zip was fine. Obviously not happy to discover the bag split as only used it 8 times.

Phoned Powakaddy who were happy to replace it within its warranty however I'd have to wait till August. I said no thanks, got a lot of golf this summer need the bag so a refund will do and I'll go somewhere else.

I then called Titleist who make a nice trolley bag in the similar black, white and red colour my Powakaddy one was. I was then disappointed to hear they were out of stock till end of July or early August depending on Volcanic Disruption to flights.

I then tried several online retailers who displayed the bag on their sites, online to find they too had none in stock and would be waiting for the manufacturers to get stock later in the year.

How can it be possible in May at the start of the season that no one has any golf bags in stock for us to purchase? What are the manufacturers playing at? Now I'm going to have to use my little 6 inch stand bag all summer thats not big enough to carry all the essentials.

re: Why does no one have Golf Bags in stock?
user127691
Reply : Mon 17th May 2010 21:54

I had last years titleist bag the blue white and black one got completely seduced by the looks it was completely impracticle and down right shody to be honest.

It went back after 3 months. The stitching on the pockets all came undone and the covers at the top of the dividers al ripped out as they were to narrow to get your grips out of and the internal dividers were not full length realistically there were only to compartments below the 14 way top.

I think they have used a rubber top to the dividers this year to fix that but I wouldn't have another one the pockets on the side were far to small I can fit more in my carry bag than I could in there.

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 17th May 2010 23:38

or ebay for a black and red one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWAKADDY-TROLLY-BAG-BLACK-RED-VGC-/110534105036?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Golf_Ba
gs&hash=item19bc5897cc

user24437
Reply : Tue 18th May 2010 00:05

Have just received yet another Nike Sasquatch Tour bag from 118golf after the second one fell to pieces and I only sent it off last Thursday, so hats off to them for their excellent, no arguments service.  I asked them what will happen if this one falls apart and their answer was that if it falls apart and Nike still make them they'll replace it, so new bag for me for when (or if) this one falls apart - although I did notice that they've reinforced the stitching where my old ones came apart... 

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 18th May 2010 10:27

Different manufacturers trade in different ways, but don't most launch 'new lines' at The Open and have a price increase on 1st June?

TheLyth

user26342
Reply : Tue 18th May 2010 13:33

Tim,

Maybe it's time for a different brand of bag? I've had 2 sun mountains (carry & cart) & have not had any problems with either of them. They are solid, functional & most importantly look good

user24437
Reply : Tue 18th May 2010 14:49

14 way dividers?

user26342
Reply : Tue 18th May 2010 15:00

My cart bag does & I'm pretty sure they do them on their carry bags. I've got the H20 version which doesn't but when I was looking there were some with 14 way dividers.

Take a look

Last edit : Tue 18th May 2010 15:03
user24437
Reply : Tue 18th May 2010 15:50

Not on that website there isn't...

user26342
Reply : Tue 18th May 2010 16:57

Tim,

Does it not take you to the Sun Mountain website & display the "Four 5" model?

The description says 

"To me, one of the most surprising things about golf bags in my 29 years of bag design, is the popularity of 14-way dividers. I never thought many people would want to carefully put each club in its proper place. As it turns out, a surprisingly large percentage of golfers love this feature. We were challenged to design a stand bag with 14 full-length dividers that was not big, heavy and clumsy. We succeeded with the Four 5; a fourteen divider stand bag that almost matches our Superlight 3.5 in size, weight and function."

Or try this website ONLINE GOLF

Last edit : Tue 18th May 2010 16:58
user24437
Reply : Tue 18th May 2010 21:10

No John, that wasn't on there as far as I could see, but cheers for the link.

Carry bags don't weigh a ton, but the shifting weight of the clubs in a 5 or 6 way divider bag makes them uncomfortable Chris.  My bag in winter normally weighs 13kg all up, that includes waterproofs, water and enough wine gums to kick start late onset diabetes and I happily trudge that round the hills of Derbyshire all day - in fact I'm convinced that it's what keeps my back in decent shape.  Certainly better than pulling or pushing a trolley.... 

user52922
Reply : Thu 24th Jun 2010 12:07

How about this for a great idea.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PleasyGolf

user23840
Reply : Thu 24th Jun 2010 12:27

JP I ahd that idea about 2 years ago, and my mates laughed at me. Damn them!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top