Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hydration whilst playing???

Posted by: user10367 | Mon 1st Feb 2010 03:20 | Last Reply

Just enquirying how many of you ACTUALLY take in 2 litres of water when your playing a full round?? and do you take less when it's winter or more when it's summer??

I personally always carry 2 litres and in winter will get through at least 1 1/2 litres, but during summer I know I'll finish the 2 litres during what I would call a warm day but if it's a hot day I have been known to finish the 2 litres by the 9th and top up for the back 9.

Being hydrated is paramount to keep your body and mind working and sustaining the rigours of a 4 hour round, how many of you have felt tired over the last 4 or 5 holes and not realised it's probably down to lack of water!!!

re: Hydration whilst playing???
user26342
Reply : Mon 1st Feb 2010 14:18

Blimey Wayne,

I can just see you playing a round in the summer......hit, p!$$, hit, p!ss, etc etc

Seriousley I agree but I find in the winter I drink half of what I normally drink.

user77012
Reply : Mon 1st Feb 2010 14:41

After a visit to my Dr's today my liver readings (Gamma GT's) were 288 and should be no higher than 60. I have come to the conclusion I may be over Hydrating slightly!!

On a more serious note (although those results are alarming) I drink 4 - 5 pints of water daily but usually only drink 1/2 - 1ltr per round all year.

Last edit : Mon 1st Feb 2010 17:20
user24437
Reply : Mon 1st Feb 2010 14:46

I usually get through about a litre of Vodka per round, does that count?  Would explain the way I play...

user24437
Reply : Mon 1st Feb 2010 18:02

Oooer, that's bordering on woo, that advert. It's water, it doesn't provide nutrition, magnetize cells or any of that garbage, it just stops dehydration preventing lactic acid build up fer gods sake.

I actually get through about a litre of liquid per round, usually a weak juice mixture and sometimes a salt tablet in the summer - I get my sugar intake from wine gums just in case anyone wondered why I always eat them..

user99350
Reply : Tue 2nd Feb 2010 08:55

Whatever you do don't let anyone else fix your drink. My daughter made mine with that quaruple super concentrated juice which made the thirst horrendous. If I hadn't have cadged some off Malcolm Fell I wouldn't have made the finish.

user41897
Reply : Tue 2nd Feb 2010 13:07

If it's hydration you want then surely this is the answer...

http://bit.ly/cvdjeb

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 2nd Feb 2010 14:35

I normally take a 1 1/2 litre bottle of water with me during the summer months, but as to wether I drink it all or not depends on a wide variety of factors.

Watching the golf once I heard them say that you should have a drink of water at every tee. 

The pro games are all normally played in warm weather so taking in water is a must.  They also have a drinks station at each tee so there is no need to carry drinks with them.

It's not only important to drink regularly during a round of golf but eating something is useful as well.  Bananas seem to be the food of choice.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top