Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Helped me pass the time.....two good books

Posted by: user259181 | Mon 4th Jan 2010 16:05 | Last Reply

As the frost and snow (when will it clear?????) has put a halt to any meaningful golf enjoyment other than time at the range.....which is still pretty rubbish with rock hard balls and freezing clubheads.........over the festive period a read a couple of books that took my fancy -

The Match by Mark Frost and Ben Hogan by James Dodson

They are linked in that Ben Hogan is a part of both books but even if you are not a Hogan fan I would recommend them both as a very good read as they actually paint a very good and informative picture of golf in general in that era.

If you are a fan of Hogan in any way, then I think these two books are a must read. As someone who is very new to golf, I'm alittle sad to have only just found out about him...although to be fair I was born in '78 so was far too late to see him on the course anyway!......

The era he played in just seemed to have some real big characters and types of people that rarely show up in golf these days.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top