Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

what type of clubs should i start with

Posted by: user270701 | Thu 29th Oct 2009 09:54 | Last Reply

I am 29 from Greenock (just outside glasgow) and just taking up golf, played a little on grass behind factories when was around 12 so not much experince, want to know if should get graphite or steel shafts, or should get woods graphite and irons steel.  Dont know my swing speed or anything like that, just want to know what is better for a beginner.

Last edit : Thu 29th Oct 2009 10:08
re: what type of clubs should i start with
user106712
Reply : Thu 29th Oct 2009 18:26

try something like these...they have cheap starter sets. no point spending hundreds if you give up after a few goes

https://www.thesportshq.com

http://www.pargolfonline.co.uk

Last edit : Thu 29th Oct 2009 18:28
re: what type of clubs should i start with
user77012
Reply : Fri 30th Oct 2009 10:04

Andrew, I would buy these off ebay Item # 110450431270. They are ping eye 2's a classic club and very easy to use they are £145 buy it now and are are a proper club as opposed to these starter sets. The best part is if you don't take to the game or decide to upgrade they will still be worth exactly what you paid for them if not more. You wont need the 2 iron which is not part of the original set which you could sell on and  re-coup some money  it's still a popular club with a lot of players. Get yourself a 3 wood 15* with a reg graphite shaft dont worry to much about a driver as  yet and as Wayne has suggested have some lessons to get started

I started my self with these irons a long time ago  and still own them .I use them ocasssionally they are still  enjoyable to use as ever.

Good luck.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top