Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Club Grooves

Posted by: user10367 | Wed 21st Oct 2009 11:25 | Last Reply

I've just spent an hour trying to find out if there is a definative list of clubs and what grooves they!!! have to come up with only a couple of sites that tell you and even then it's only a couple of types.

Even tried the R&A thinking they would provide a list, like they did when the changed the ruling on drivers but to no avail.

feel better now I've had a moan...............................at home too much

re: Golf Club Grooves
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 21st Oct 2009 11:35

I think this is why its going to take about 14yrs to be brought in totally. The PGA Tours will have to sort it out first, and it seems that they will make a mould of the players grooves and take it from there. Also because it doesn't matter too much to the Retail Market I think the manufacturers are not too bothered about listing which grooves there clubs have at the moment.

TheLyth

re: Golf Club Grooves
user24437
Reply : Wed 21st Oct 2009 14:58

The way this has been brought in I reckon you should just assume they're all illegal until you actually go out and get some that state they are conforming....

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top