Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Good Morning All -- Newbie here

Posted by: user254876 | Wed 12th Aug 2009 08:26 | Last Reply

Just wanted to say hello as I find my way around what looks to be a very interesting and useful site.

I'm Mark based on the Nottingham/Derby border and I am a "born again" golfer. I used to play loads but sadly just packed it in for a short period of around 17 years !! Anyway I started wanting to play again and my wife bought me a set of Ben Sayers M7s for my birthday last month and since then there's been no stopping me.

I am rusty, very rusty but it was pleasing enough to go round the Tower Course at Morley Hayes only 12 over after all that time of not being on a course.

I have now got the whole family involved as my two lads aged 3 and 6 now have a couple of sawn off clubs each, and my wife also now has a full set. (She is actually surprisingly good to say she has never played before and seems to have a natural ability and co-ordination for it).

So I have rambled... anyway hello. I hope to fully utilise the experience of everyone on here and hopefully once my confidence is up again start playing and getting more involved with the people on here. I know that my wife is desperate for other partners to play with rather than just me, as it means we have to constantly get a babysitter which isnt easy.

All the best

Mark

re: Good Morning All -- Newbie here
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 12th Aug 2009 08:47

Welcome to the site Mark, and back to the annoying, frustrating, satisfying, addictive and soul destroying game of golf.  Is the Tower course an 18 or 9 holer, because if it's an 18, 12 over is a cracking first round

user24437
Reply : Wed 12th Aug 2009 09:19

Hi Mark, whereabouts are you?  I'm only 20 mins away from Morley myself, so you should know that we're spoilt for courses around here.

Chris - the Tower is a 9 holer, but a very good one.  proper greens, fairways and bunkers.  Best I've managed is 5 over on it so 12 over is a pretty admirable score for a first go, doubt I could have managed that when I started. 

user24437
Reply : Wed 12th Aug 2009 10:23

Mark - let me know when you fancy taking on a full 18 holer and we could possibly meet up - you know you've got to do it sometime!

user24437
Reply : Wed 12th Aug 2009 11:42

Sorry, can't stop David - just off to have my sides sewn after they've split

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top