Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hello everyone - from Bishop Auckland

Posted by: user250943 | Mon 3rd Aug 2009 10:55 | Last Reply

Hi all

I am just getting into the great game of golf and have been a 'lurker' here for a couple of weeks. It seems to be a great resource and I have already found a few tips that have helped me in the 'tips and training' forum. Still got a few issues with the golf ball going anywhere but straight ... but its better than it was

I have a small question on the ettiquette of 'mixed rounds' as I see so few of the fairer sex out on the course, and those that I do see are out as a group. My wife is also taking up the sport and I was wondering if going round as a couple was common? Also, how does taking the honours work since the red tees are often some way out to the front of the yellow it would seem practical to start from the back and work up but that may be the opposite of honours.

re: Hello everyone - from Bishop Auckland
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 3rd Aug 2009 11:20

Welcome aboard Sam.  You may regret the wife playing with as you could end up playing to see who does the ironing.  I hope you like ironing!

When playing as a mixed group, it is usual for the gentlemen to tee off first then the ladies, although following the 'honours' would still take place if there are two ladies/men.  Be warned though, this can result in you taking two shots before the wife has even taken one if you duff it off the tee!

re: Hello everyone - from Bishop Auckland
user50657
Reply : Mon 3rd Aug 2009 20:19

Welcome to the wonderful world of Golf Sam. Hope you and the missus enjoy it. If you ever want a midweek morning game drop me a line. I play a lot of the courses in Durham and Tyne & Wear.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top