Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

North West Qualifier Results

Posted by: user10367 | Mon 13th Jul 2009 07:16 | Last Reply

What a great turn out for the above and the weather was brilliant, had some problems with entering the scores and need Darren to look at it as the points haven't worked out correctly, however after manually adding them up the following have qualified for the Golfshake.com Open 2009 being held this September at Wychwood Golf Club.

0-17.4 Group

Marc Davies with 40pts off 15.2 handicap

Bill Donaghan with 38pts off 16.1 handicap.

17.5 - 28 Group

Stewart Whittaker 36pts off 17.7 handicap

Mark Craven 36pts off 20.2 handicap

The second group were very close with 3 players with 36 pts but on count back the top two above got through.

Warren Slater unfortunately had a nightmare and ended up with 14pts to finish last.

Graham Mclean had the longest drive with a shot around the 290yd mark

And Steve Horton won Nearest the pin with 7' 1"

I did ok yesterday ( ) and could have qualified but I declined taking the spoils as I go through as organiser.

Finally thanks go to my playing partners Alan Gunnigle and Steve Beckett whom witnessed some amazing golf by myself and I did blush quite often Alan suffered with Siatica (i think thats how it's spelt) yet managed to finish the game so well done mate , Steve seemed to have left his game at home on the front 9 but came back well .

re: North West Qualifier Results
user77012
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 08:49

Well done Santo sounds like a good day was had,hope you carry your form over to the Conwy Open.

Congrats to

Marc,Bill,Stewart & Mark 

see  you at Wyncwood.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 08:53

Wayne can you double check scores.  I have now set to the 18 hole tee rather than the 9 hole scorecard you were using   don't click the check box to 'Tick this box to adjust handicaps, can only be done once'  just yet, this submits and locks out.  If you just update and click the save button it will still calculate the points for you.

Wayne, fantastic score and I will refrain from posting the link until you have verified the above.  Need to think of a name for you now   have a nice sombero if you want though

Finally, Wayne as an organiser you take part in the organisers cup but you don't compete for the prizes on offer, these are just for those in the GS open. Do you realise this ?

Regards, Darren.

user93959
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 08:58

Many Thanks Wayne

Good day out - good choice of course -

Good Luck to all the N.W qualifiers - do us proud !  

user26342
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 09:44

Wayne,

looks like the knee held out??? 

Finally, Wayne as an organiser you take part in the organisers cup but you don't compete for the prizes on offer, these are just for those in the GS open. Do you realise this 

user77012
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 10:23

Funny how all these people with knackered knees play well ,I'll have to get some!!

user77012
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 10:53

I do resemble that remark Wayne.....It's not easy being me.

I wasn't the highest in the ball count,just ......Phew!!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 11:10

No, but watching you try was funny as!

user77012
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 11:14

I agree was funny ..... not as funny as Paulie believeing we had been asked if we would like an upgrade from a steak sandwich to a full blown sunday roast , and then went in to confirm with the staff  

user38216
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 11:15

I've lost faith in you lot, having bet 5 (total) on the sweep, one lad manged this on his own...doh!

user235379
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 13:16

Wayne, thanks for a great day, also my thanks to steve for some great company. Will there be a list of all the scores?

While i think on Wayne, you know we heard what sounded like a motorway smash..well it was this

well i was going to show you a photo of the scene but the bb won't let me...anyway, it was bad.

Last edit : Mon 13th Jul 2009 13:18
user26342
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 13:46

Wayne, just realised that if 1st place in Cat1 scored 40pts & you removed yourself from the placings then you must have scored the same or more???

you bandit

oohh my knee, not sure if I'll be playing, yeah right!!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 13:50

John, might have a 5 on the end not sure of the first number though

user24437
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 13:55

Wayne appears to be contracting 'symptomum distractium', or Pettitts disease.  Symptoms are usually evident by a sudden and noisy exclamation of hip/leg/arm/back pain, followed by a birdie on an SI 2 hole.  Normally happens around the 14th hole on some golf courses.   

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 14:18

Quote of the day from John Pettitt;

"I'm getting too old, I can't play this game anymore.  I can't bend over to pick the ball up with my back.  I can hardly get my breath, let alone swing a club".  Loud "Oooh!" as he sits back in the buggy.

Tim: "What did you have John?"

John: "Par"

He couldn't understand why me and Tim were cracked up!

user77012
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 14:23

Its widely reported JP had hypochondria once and the only reson we let him use a buggy is they are not as quick as him!!

Last edit : Mon 13th Jul 2009 14:25
user235379
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 14:39

wayne, it's 4pm today, and for the sake of your family don't put your points online, you'll have to move.

this i the news link to the crash

http://www.chorleycitizen.co.uk/news/4489542.Motorway_chaos_after_multiple_accident_near_Chorley/

Last edit : Mon 13th Jul 2009 14:42
user202373
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 16:58

thanks for great day wayne ,well organised ,all the lads were good laugh and weather stayed nice all day ,cant really ask for more ,well played too btw ),

user26342
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 17:40

Apparantly the rider of the bike had just heard what Wayne's score was after 12 holes & fell off in shock!

Marc, well done. How did you get away with fiddling your card?

user235379
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 19:13

i'd like to think what ever wayne has, a little rubbed off onto me, i'll soon know when i play a game.

user202373
Reply : Mon 13th Jul 2009 20:12

lol john ya thnx m8.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top