Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Information When Seeking An Event!!!

Posted by: user10367 | Wed 17th Jun 2009 10:11 | Last Reply

I am increasingly getting a little irate when I see "player interested" on events that I am organising and wonder if people actually know what they are doing ?? so i will expalin a little further so i don't have to keep pm'ing possible entrants constantly and I'll just delete them off.

When a player clicks on the "I'm Interested" link it means they may be wanting to join but are not yet sure and as such cannot be confirmed as accepted to the event. Therefore whats the point of having that link

If players want to be included on an event they should and must only click the "Register Me" link, that way the organiser can confirm their acceptance.

Any views on this?????

Last edit : Wed 17th Jun 2009 11:00
re: Information When Seeking An Event!!!
user52922
Reply : Wed 17th Jun 2009 10:47

A thankless task, Wayne, and the reason I do not run events myself.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 17th Jun 2009 10:51

I think the link itself is not a problem Wayne, it's how the individuals are using them.  For example, I put myself down as interested for the SW Qualifier on Friday when I found out I may be working down in Newbury.  I couldn't confirm until I knew I'd got the job and that they would let me leave early enough that day to play.  Once I knew I confirmed but could equally have withdrawn had I needed to.  I meant I wasn't going to lose my place and Dave knew I was looking at playing. 

The problem is with individuals not firming up their interest or withdrawing. 

user26342
Reply : Wed 17th Jun 2009 13:06

Wayne,

I think is should be renamed / replaced to "can't commit / confirm put me on waiting list" or something like that" & that way it doesn't take any place of those who are deffo's.

John.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top