Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hi I need some club advice!

Posted by: user230690 | Mon 25th May 2009 20:35 | Last Reply

Hi!

I've just started playing golf having been lent a set by a colleague and sent off into the big wide golf world.

I've decided that I'm going to give it a real shot, get a club membership etc. but I've been told that I might not have the right clubs. At the moment I'm playing with Mizuno irons which are almost blades and have hardly any cavity (apparently this might make sense to you guys?!) and Taylor Made Driver and Woods but which have a pretty small sweet spot.

Are there any decent clubs that you guys could recommend that aren't going to cost the earth but will give me a fighting chance as a beginner? I don't mind spending a decent amount on a nice set later down the line but want to get something for now which will get me going and help me get into a bit before I get frustrated and go bald or something equally as bad!

I hope to be around for a while so will apologise in advance for this and the multitude of stupid questions that will no doubt be coming your way in the not so distant future!!

re: Hi I need some club advice!
user198914
Reply : Mon 25th May 2009 21:32

hi

have a look at argos or the sports shops for your first set, you dont want to spend loads if you dont enjoy it,

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3210866/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C12108128/c_2/2%
7Ccat_12108128%7CGolf%7C12108159.htm

for £50 if you dont use them for more than a year its no great loss, you can always upgrade later

paul

re: Hi I need some club advice!
user52922
Reply : Mon 25th May 2009 22:11

I would suggest the Martin Devlin school of golf and his many contacts in the retail trade with fully trained shop assistants.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top