Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Organising Club Games!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 13th May 2009 20:01 | Last Reply

I put my name down to play in the club singles/pairs matchplay competition.

This was months ago and both my singles game and my pairs game need to be played by the end of this month.

Due to one thing or another I've not managed to contact my opponents for either game.

Now while I was thinking about this I started to wonder why not one of my opponents had bothered to contact me!

Do other people who play in these club competitions find this happens to them?

I have put my mobile number on the draw sheet and it's on the golf club website, so these people can find my number, but they obviously aren't looking.

When I went to find my opponents number for my singles match, no number and no number on the website.  So I've either got to go to the office or phone the office.

Russ

Last edit : Thu 14th May 2009 08:19
re: Organising Club Games!
user69191
Reply : Thu 14th May 2009 11:13

Explain this situation to the club secretary Russ and what you should get is a 'by' into the next round at the end of the month. Hopefully you'll then play against someone who wants to play in the comp and who is as organised as you mate.

Paul

re: Organising Club Games!
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 14th May 2009 15:09

This reminds me of many years ago when I joined a squash league at my local sports center.

It clearly stated who was supposed to contact who but this rarely happened, if fact I left the league as I was fed up with always having to contact the other person!

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top