Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

PLAY DISCOUNT GOLF

Posted by: user102851 | Sun 29th Mar 2009 03:02 | Last Reply

We have formed a golf company called iGolf (www.igolf.cc) which is designed to give golfers that play between 15 and 25 rounds of golf per year value for money versus the alternative of having to join a members club.

We have 11 clubs in the group so far in Kent, Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Herefordshire, Glamorgan, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, with new clubs being signed up at a rapid rate now.

iGolf members are affiliated CONGU members, and can play in competitions at some of the clubs as well as competitions that we are going to put on across the country......

re: PLAY DISCOUNT GOLF
user52922
Reply : Sun 29th Mar 2009 10:24

The concept is sound, Ian but no way can you call it discount golf.

Playing Sat and Sunday mornings, like most working people like to do is going to cost 18 credits, 72 credits for the month, which equates to 7 x £30 = £210 plus £10 for the month to igolf.

Even the 25 rounds a year guys assuming all played at peak times, will pay more over a year than a club member.

user71987
Reply : Mon 30th Mar 2009 11:35

Ian,

Please don't take this as a knock

But i really dont see the point, the courses are hardly local to each other.

with the most expensive deal working out that if you play at peak times, like most folks £22.70 a round.

I can pay that  and cheaper anyway?

user79118
Reply : Mon 30th Mar 2009 21:27

Clubs are realising that times are changing, well round here they are anyway. Most of them have dropped there joining fee and reduced there annual memberships. My course now do a full 7 day contract for £420 a year. With my friends also being members at other courses we have a variety of venues to play and at weekends because we are playing with members the greenfee is around the £10 mark. Assuming I play twice a week on my home course and every other weekend I play away for one of the two games, I still only spend £680 ayear for unlimited golf and around 7 or 8 different courses. Happy the way it is at the moment.

user77012
Reply : Mon 30th Mar 2009 21:41

Ian what clubs in South Wales are they? Woodlake Park are offering a similar type of deal to thier members who don't play all year and to new members , you pay £200 = 200 points and you're a full member entitled to play in comps at weekends. I think the green fees workout at £15-£20 on  a weekend.

user77012
Reply : Mon 30th Mar 2009 23:23

Ian, good courses know them all well and Radyr being the best I'm a bit biased it's my home club.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top