Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Return to the course, what to expect?

Posted by: user204293 | Thu 12th Mar 2009 20:46 | Last Reply

Hit the course for the first time in years on Saturday at Blyth with Brian R. Feel like a kid at Xmas as I have big expectations for myself, which I always do and this is a major downfall of mine, I expect to play well, but after one bad shot I lose focus. Been working on my swing a lot and I've pretty much got it sorted, just keeping it consistent with a flatter plain to stop coming from the outside.

I had thought breaking 100 would be a good target as I could do it before, even if not by many, but will this be my downfall yet again? What should I aim for, if anything?

re: Return to the course, what to expect?
user52922
Reply : Thu 12th Mar 2009 20:57

Golf is meant to be played for enjoyment, and personally I only get enjoyment when I hit a shot exactly the way I intended it to fly. If I can achieve this three or four times in a round then I am quite happy.

Scores do not always reflect the way you have struck the ball.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 12th Mar 2009 21:08

Don't worry about the score the first couple of rounds Mark, just enjoy the ride.  There'll be good ones and bad ones, so just remember the good ones cos they'll be the ones that bring you back. 

user50843
Reply : Thu 12th Mar 2009 22:09

Just watch that bandit Brian off 28, don't get suckered in on a nearest the pin or a longest drive "side bet" he took our course apart, the flag posts were quivering. 

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 12th Mar 2009 23:25

I have to say that the score does not matter at this moment in time.

Enjoy the walk, hit a few balls as you go around and don't expect too much from this round, just enjoy it.

You should have a few good shots and you'll certainly have more bad ones but try not to let this get to you.

Have fun and enjoy it.

Russ

user25268
Reply : Fri 13th Mar 2009 20:27

Mark if i'd known you were going to practice i woud'nt have invited you, that's taking an unfair advantage lol. still, looking forward to tomorrow unfortunatly the forcast is a bit wet and windy, never mind ay.

user50354
Reply : Sat 14th Mar 2009 09:59

Focus on one shot at a time and let the score take care of itself.....

user25268
Reply : Sat 14th Mar 2009 19:22

watch out everyone Mark Robertson is coming! played with him today and he started off badly on the first three holes but that was only to lull me into a false sense of security, he let me win the front nine although he did par the ninth, then proceeded to anniallate the back nine with pars on the 10th 15th and 17th. The wind was blowing a gale but he hits his drive so hard and long the wind did'nt affect it, in fact he only needs three clubs in his bag, a driver  a pitching wedge for the short distance left to the green and a putter.I would give up my giro sex for a drive like his ( giro sex, you get it once month and its never quite enough !) keep it up Mark , a couple of lessons and a few more games and your handicap will tumble, any time you want another round at blyth just let me know.

Brian

user25268
Reply : Sun 15th Mar 2009 18:10

look forward to it Mark, you never know by the end of the month we might even get a calm day.

user26342
Reply : Mon 16th Mar 2009 15:50

Mark,

expect 4hr+ rounds of golf!!

user25268
Reply : Mon 16th Mar 2009 20:09

dress code mark dress code! must have collars

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top