Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hello

Posted by: user206543 | Sun 1st Mar 2009 20:58 | Last Reply

Hi im 18 years old and im playing off a handiap of 1, been playing intensly since i was 17 but did start golf at 11 but had to give up for 5 years or so.

wat i was wondering is, is there any chance that i could make a career out of golf?

thanks

re: Hello
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 1st Mar 2009 21:02

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the site, any questions just post them in the correct section of the forum and somebody will always be able to give you some advice.

It depends on what you mean by make a career out of golf.

To be a professional golfer I would say you'd have to get your handicap a bit lower and start playing in some serious competitions.

Russ

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 1st Mar 2009 21:09

Welcome Sam,

Your HC is very impressive but only you will know if you can make it as a pro.

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 2nd Mar 2009 07:11

Absolutely.

Are you a member of any club? That way you are able to get into comps and events there more easily (sorry for the poor English).

If you are near the Crown Network, they have some great offers on for people under 30. You would pay approx £36 for full 7 day access!!!!

Bet you are spending more than that at the moment!!

user71987
Reply : Mon 2nd Mar 2009 12:13

Sam.

Its probably a big ask Look at Rory, he's 19. my advise? Go for it mate.

best of luck to you, I hope you make it

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 2nd Mar 2009 12:25

Talent you obviously have, but that will only get you so far Sam.  You also need the drive, determination and attitude to get there, starting with an aim to be off +2 or +3. 

This may sound a little harsh, but if you're asking us what we think, then I don't think you have the desire.  It shouldn't matter what we think.  If you believe it - and I mean REALLY believe it - then you have a chance.  If you're not sure, then it's very possible that someone less talented but more determined could oust you; it's exceptionally competitive out there. 

You're young enough and probably good enough, you just have to want it enough to give yourself a chance. 

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 4th Mar 2009 09:47

Then I wish you all the luck you could hope for Sam and will look forward to seeing you hold trophies aloft with Tiger and Rory looking on in envy!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top