Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Snow

Posted by: user81455 | Thu 12th Feb 2009 17:17 | Last Reply

Is anyone else's course still shut.  Theres an area just north of Nottingham where the snow was particularly heavy and it is not thawing and my course is right in the middle of it.  I did manage to play a municipal course today just south of Nottingham but it has just starting snowing again.

re: Snow
user26342
Reply : Thu 12th Feb 2009 17:21

Jon,

My course is still shut but hoping by the weekend it will be OK??

The belfry have only closed the Brab & have had the other 2 courses open all week.

John.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 12th Feb 2009 17:59

Belfry had the Derby and PGA open from yesterday and all three open today, although the strat times were delayed due to the frost.  It's snowing here as well, but as long as it doesn't settle we should be OK.  Hope so anyway, I'm playing tomorrow!

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 12th Feb 2009 18:16

One of my courses opened last Sunday and the other course opened on Monday.

It's snowing, and settling so they might be closed again this weekend.

Russ

Last edit : Thu 12th Feb 2009 18:27
user69191
Reply : Thu 12th Feb 2009 20:19

Most of the courses around here still shut as bits of the icy snow thats left on the higher ground is not shifting. Played at Warwick GC last week, the only one in the area open, fairways and rough were clear but all the greens had a couple of inches of snow on them which made putting a waste of time.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 12th Feb 2009 22:34

The snow has continued here in Romford, it's about an inch deep now so my game on Saturday at Stapleford Abbotts could be in doubt.

Also, my winter league event at South Essex GC on Sunday could be cancelled.

If we have a rapid thaw of all this snow then the courses will probably be waterlogged anyway!

Russ

user81455
Reply : Thu 12th Feb 2009 23:14

According to the forecast we will finally get a proper thaw on Sunday and Monday with daytime temps around 10 C.

user79538
Reply : Fri 13th Feb 2009 08:24

Our course has been under snow since the evening of Sunday 1st February, so haven't played since then.  Heard the Pro saying yesterday that he doesn't expect it to be open before Wednesday next week!  I'm due to play at Peterborough Milton on Thursday, and hoping it will have cleared by then at the latest.

user50354
Reply : Fri 13th Feb 2009 08:34

Open last Sunday.

Snow here now but should be gone for this sunday

Then next sunday its the 3 counties comp at Donny.......

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 13th Feb 2009 09:18

No snow here in the West Mids, glorious sunshine too.  Looking forward to my game at 11:00.......

user26342
Reply : Fri 13th Feb 2009 09:54

Sun is shining in the Midlands, almost no sign of snow. Hopefully this will last for the weekend?

user115085
Reply : Fri 13th Feb 2009 10:02

Sheffield is bright and sunny, snow rapidly melting - looking forward to a game at the weekend (will most likely chuck it down now!)

user81455
Reply : Fri 13th Feb 2009 21:43

Hooray my course is reopening tomorrow.  Unfortunately I'm a five day member so will have to wait till Monday but the forecast is good for the early part of the week.

user99350
Reply : Sun 15th Feb 2009 14:22

Leeds still closed. Temple Newsham, a municipal is usually open come what may but was closed yesterday. My course Calverley was closed today and yesterday (NOTHING NEW THERE THEN) however I practiced there both days. There was still a fair amount of snow yesterday but today had gone. The ground is totally sodden, having to dig out the plugged balls. We need some wind and sunshine.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top