Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Sky Sports

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 8th Feb 2009 21:52 | Last Reply

I have Virgin Media using cable.

We have Setanta Sports and I do enjoy watching the USPGA games, and the fact that they are live is even better.

Now I know I can add Sky Sports to my package but had never looked into the cost.

Well I had a quick look the other day and they want £25 a month for Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3!

So that is £300 a year for this.

All I want to watch is the European Tour golf, I'm not bothered about anything else.

I don't even want the three channels, just Sky Sports 1 would do, but guess what?  You can't do that, you have to pay for the whole package.

Oh well, back to the USPGS golf then.....

Russ

re: Sky Sports
user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 8th Feb 2009 21:58

My missus wont let me have Sky Sports

Reckons we wont watch anything else...

She may have a point

user67421
Reply : Sun 8th Feb 2009 22:03

I have sky sports, but we have both movies for the missus and sports for me.

They cover european tour and ladies european tour and sometimes USPGA.

don't know whether you can get just the golf.

the golf Channel used to be good between adverts and used to have all the LPGA events, but that has disappeared.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 9th Feb 2009 14:28

Yes, thank JJB for that.

They bought the rights to broadcast it in order to get their Shopping Channel, then dumped it.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 9th Feb 2009 16:28

Most of the stuff I enjoyed on the golf channel is now being shown on Setanta.

Things like

Big Break

Personel Lessons

Highway 18

Lessons with a pro (I think it's called this!)

Russ

user118394
Reply : Mon 9th Feb 2009 18:41

got to agree with russ the playing lessons,personal lessons and big break are well worth the money on setanta.pity they don t have the golf channel on sky it was a cracking channel if you take away the bloody slazenger adverts

user67421
Reply : Mon 9th Feb 2009 19:28

I really miss watching kenny Dalglish with his handy sandy chipping in from the sand.

Those shots at the Belfry with a K1 speed hitting the green in 1, don't know why the pro's lie up on that hole so often when they could invest in a K1 speed and do it in 1.

I might just pay JJB tv a visit just to remind me of the Golf Channel adverts

user115937
Reply : Mon 9th Feb 2009 20:07

I caught some crap golf programme on Setanta golf the other night.  Cant remember what it was called (wasn't that memorable!) but it was sponsored by D1rect Golf.  Absolutely shocking programme and presenters. The golf content was very minimal as well.  They had an interview with Ian Poulter talking to a bloody sock if it rings a bell with anyone. 

The other golf programmes I've seen have been pretty good on Setanta, the Golf Fitness one and `Playing lessons from the Pro's' have been a good watch.

Reply : Mon 9th Feb 2009 20:55

Matt, 'Show me the golf' is rubbish!

Whoever thought this was a good idea should be sacked.

Russ

Reply : Tue 10th Feb 2009 09:03

I've double checked with the Setanta website and it appears that I mis-read it!

I can have Sky Sports 1 for £15 a month, still far too much for me to pay just to watch the golf.  And as Christopher says, the golf isn't always on SS1

Somebody told me about the Virgin Media VIP package, but that is £89 a month, you do get everything for that, Sky Sports and Sky movies, but £89 a month again is far more than I want to pay.

We used to have Sky with everything and I found that I might watch the movie channels once a month, and the sports channels about once a week!

I'll have to keep watching and see if there are any special offers coming out that I can take advantage of.

Russ

user129155
Reply : Wed 11th Feb 2009 11:00

Virgin media are crap imo, I have sky+ with everything and 8meg unlimited broadband for £50 a month. dont have setanta though - doesnt warrant an extra £11 imo.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top