Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What this new obcession by course for Spikey Trolley Wheels?

Posted by: user15152 | Wed 26th Nov 2008 16:05 | Last Reply

When has this started?

Got a lot of members coming into my club over the last few weeks seeing if I sell the Spikey Wheels or Attachments to go on wheels as at other clubs they visit they are required if they want to use a trolley. I must admit I didn't know what they were on about and no I don't sell them.

Then on Sunday I went to play at Belton Woods in a Comp and was told I couldn't use my trolley without this wheels. I couldn't believe it. They said to use my trolley I would have to purchase a set of wheels or attachments to go on my wheels. These were £30. What purpose do these things have? Whats wrong with the perfectly good wheels trolleys have been using for years? I must admit looking at these things I can see why clubs want to force people into buying and using them. At £30 they must be making about £25 or more profit on the things.

I know Golf Shops are struggling to sell stuff at the minute but forcing people to spend money on something I see no point in seems wrong. If I were to do that at my club I would either have no one playing as most people use trolleys as they are of old age or I'd be a millionaire by Christmas.

re: What this new obcession by course for Spikey Trolley Wheels?
user26342
Reply : Wed 26th Nov 2008 20:20

I've had a set of hedgehogs for around 3 years & they cost me £15. All you require to fit them to your electric trolley wheels is some self tapping screws.

The only downside is that they collect quite a lot of mud etc & they take a lot of cleaning.

re: What this new obcession by course for Spikey Trolley Wheels?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Nov 2008 23:40

It does appear as though new technology is getting pushed onto us even if we don't want it!

Remember a few years ago we all had metal spikes in out golf shoes, now most of us have soft spikes.  And some clubs now don't allow you to use your metal spiked shoes at all.

It appears the same is now happening with trolley wheels.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top