Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Finally!!! And this time it counts!!!

Posted by: user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sat 11th Oct 2008 15:31 | Last Reply

You may remember a couple of months ago I posted asking if my first sub-90 round (an 85) counted as it was on a par 62 course.  The general consensus (with which I agreed) was that it didn't.  Well I don't care anymore. 

This morning at Perton Park in Wolverhampton, a par 71, SSS 70 course, I shot a gross 89.  Out in a 7 over 42, back in an 11 over 47.  I was only 2 over after 6 too, but pulled my tee shot out of bounds on the 7th.  44 points and my pair won 5 and 4.  I knew I was doing OK, but I didn't add up until I was in the car park and it was a very pleasant surprise. 

I've now managed to cut my handicap from 27 to 23 in just three rounds.  Next target is to get that down into the teens.  The downside - I won't be allowed to play in the high handicap comps anymore!!!

re: Finally!!! And this time it counts!!!
user52922
Reply : Sat 11th Oct 2008 15:52

Congratulations, Chris.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 11th Oct 2008 21:41

Thanks guys, the support is appreciated.  Hard to believe that I scored that with 3 off the 7th tee and 38 putts!  Next target is 85. 

Hope I can continue the improvement on Wednesday and keep up the good name of Golfshake. 

user93950
Reply : Sat 11th Oct 2008 23:11

Hope you do better than I did when I first broke 90.  It took me two years to do it again, then another two years before I did it a third time.

Nothing like breaking 90 on a legitimate course is there.  

Good job. 

user26342
Reply : Mon 13th Oct 2008 09:43

Well done Chris, you could have kept it quiet until after the YMCA game!!!

So you've just piled on the pressure for Wednesday then as we will all expect high things from you!!

I too had a good weekend (well a good front 9) out in 39 (4 over) but came back in 45, gross 85!!

See you Wednesday.

John.

Last edit : Mon 13th Oct 2008 09:43
Reply : Mon 13th Oct 2008 11:49

Thanks guys.  The monkey is off my back and I just hope I can do it again before too long - Wednesday would be good.  I may spend some time working on my putting while Santo works on his breakfast as it cost me about 5 shots. 

John, your maths is shocking.  Even I know that 39 + 45 = 84!!!

user26342
Reply : Mon 13th Oct 2008 13:12

Doh!!�

Chris, Is playing with a monkey on your back legal??

Last edit : Mon 13th Oct 2008 13:13
Reply : Tue 14th Oct 2008 10:14

As long as you declare him as your caddy before the first tee or he doesn't give you any advice on putting lines or club selection.  Oh, and you need to make sure he uses the bushes if he needs to go; monkey crap on the fairway is frowned upon. 

user24437
Reply : Tue 14th Oct 2008 10:23

I thought that the monkey was down the front of your shirt, Chris.  Could have sworn I saw it moving at Gloucester..

user26342
Reply : Tue 14th Oct 2008 10:56

Tim,

I'm glad you said down the front of his shirt & not down the front of his trousers!!!

John.

Reply : Tue 14th Oct 2008 11:20

Think physics and oscillating masses Tim.  The rotation of my swing set up a torsional moment, causing a delayed acceleration due to the elastic anchoring of the mass.  As this anchoring is around a fixed point, an oscillation was set up.  As the decay of the oscillation is proportional to the mass, this is why the oscillations continued for an extended period. 

For those of you not of an engineering ilk, it wasn't a monkey it was my fat belly wobbling. 

As for monkeys down trousers, what I do in the comfort of my own home is my business and no-one elses. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top