Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Crookhill park.....the place of gods?...or snobs?

Posted by: user73922 | Fri 5th Sep 2008 01:01 | Last Reply

hi, i was just wondering if anyone else has ever come across freinds or playing partners who refuse to play certain courses anymore ebecause they are local or "too easy". A freind of myne whos hair is receeding will not play a course (crookhill park) that is just up the road because hes become a golf snob.....even though i have never seen him play well around it. is he simple running from a local gem of a challange?

cheers

re: Crookhill park.....the place of gods?...or snobs?
user24437
Reply : Fri 5th Sep 2008 14:59

I do know someone a bit like that, he only plays at his own club because their greens are the best in Derbyshire, OK they are very, very good (Horsley Lodge) but he now can't play anywhere else.  The course is in really good condition usually but the consequence is that for 5 months of the year they play winter rules!

I really enjoyed Crookhill when we did a comp there a few months ago, OK it's not the best course I've played but it's a long shot from being the worst and brilliant valure for money.  I suppose it all depends what you want from your golfing experience, personally I'd rather play a lot and not be overly involved in the social side.  Some people want it the other way round.   

re: Crookhill park.....the place of gods?...or snobs?
user23840
Reply : Sun 7th Sep 2008 18:06

Some nice courses in Derbyshire Tim. I like Matlock , and Chapel en le frith.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top