Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How safe is your club?

Posted by: user16742 | Fri 4th Jul 2008 09:13 | Last Reply

Twice this week i have not felt safe while playing golf.

This first was in a open at mount oswold, from my understanign in opens they leave 10 mins between tee times, but this one had 4 minute intervals, cue a massive back log on the first tee with 30-45 mins delay, cue people going and haveing a few pints before they tee off. for people who havent played there its a nice course but not designed for when its really busy as its tight the tee boxers are close to fairways and some holes you have to either walk back down the fairway you just been on or walk out infront of the people teeing off on the next hole. A man in the group in front got hit by a ball from the group behind. hows that work??

Then last night tee up heard a rumbe of thunder in the distance, smack away , get to the green lightning in the distance people still playing. next tee lightening on back swing, at which point were on the top of the hill and can see 3 seperat storms closing in on us. Me and partner walk off the other 2 continue playing before we get back to car park big fork lightning hits ground in the not to far off distance, walk past pro shop to get asked why we walked off?? The guy still wasnt going to blow the horn to call people off. Anyways i got in the car before it lashed down, but i cant belive people are stupid enough to stay out in it.

re: How safe is your club?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 4th Jul 2008 12:09

Defo agree with regards to insurance.

user50354
Reply : Fri 4th Jul 2008 12:12

You think that's unsafe Matt..

Wait until tomorrow when our Society boys turn up - Alfie's a little devil from 20 yards tha nose...

But on a good note - if ya survive the Oswald obstacle course the food is really nice...

Last edit : Fri 4th Jul 2008 12:13
user52922
Reply : Fri 4th Jul 2008 13:30

Not so much of the old f**ts, if you don't mind, Viper, I doubt there is any player faster than me.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 4th Jul 2008 13:43

Full agreement

Yep, I can't take anything over 4 and a half hours, although golfshake.com events have been known to take this long and upwards to 5 and a half !

I did manage a sub 3 hour round once, playing on my own.  But that was after I nearly hit a member (hence Insurance agreement) with a wayward shot and then felt I need to get clear of him as fastest as possible.  I never putted so well, awesome round but seen by no one

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 4th Jul 2008 14:44

No names mentioned, but have limited patience for 20+ handicappers who take more than 2 practice swings

user52922
Reply : Fri 4th Jul 2008 17:01

You are the funniest poster of any forum I have ever frequented, Viper. A wonderful turn of phrase that always hits the right spot. I would just love a fraction of your talent.

I am sorry that I appear to be abrasive, when in actual fact I am nothing like that at all.

Slow play seems to be the order of the day in this current climate. Way too many practice swings, yacking, no forward thinking and a could not care less attitude to others on the course. Sad to say that it will never change now.

Last edit : Fri 4th Jul 2008 17:22
user77012
Reply : Fri 4th Jul 2008 22:25

Viper, I'm so glad you've changed your aviator, I was beginning to suffer nightmares........

can't quite read the new one ,why don't you put up Petrushka!!!!!!!!

user77012
Reply : Sat 5th Jul 2008 01:07

Viper , quality ,now you have a challenger to Natalie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top