Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Not sure whether to laugh or cry....

Posted by: user24437 | Sun 22nd Jun 2008 23:49 | Last Reply

My wife (bless her, love her to bits for trying) has just got back from a conference, and as usual came home with lots of upmarket freebies doled out by the various law firms and drug companies that were attending.  All top quality stuff, leather laptop bags, corporate branded i-pod and memory sticks etc:  Ever thoughtful, she reached in her bag and said 'I only got you these golf balls, they're probably rubbish but you might want to practice with them' and hands over three brand new Pro-V1's with a law firms name on them.  She was slightly suprised how pleased I was and I joked it was a shame that she could only get three, to which she said 'well I could have, they had a 2 ft diameter bowl full of them and the girl said to take as many as I wanted but as you only use Srixons....'   

re: Not sure whether to laugh or cry....
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 23rd Jun 2008 08:36

Gutted!!!  Send her back!!!   

user80414
Reply : Mon 23rd Jun 2008 10:23

haha..... well at least you got 3, it would have been worse if she has said, "well i could have but i knew you didnt use them"

Just ingrain it into her that in future take the bowl!

user24437
Reply : Mon 23rd Jun 2008 12:24

Wouldn't give a monkey's if they were free...

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 23rd Jun 2008 12:46

Even if you use Srixons Tim she should have got as many as possible.  Has she never heard of E-Bay?  And you have golfing friends too who use (lose) Titleist balls anyway, haven't you mate, pal, buddy........

user26342
Reply : Mon 23rd Jun 2008 14:27

I've a story like that to tell.

About 10years ago (before I even thought about hitting a golf ball!!) my missus was a child minder & got a job at the Belfry to look after the pro's kids (as it happended she looked after Monty's!). As she didn't drive I had an all access pass to get into all the days, practice thru to day 4 & even VIP parking

As I didn't have an interest in golf then I simply drove up to the entrance & dropped her off & went home........I always think now "if only" 

John 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top