Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Laughing

Posted by: user86024 | Fri 16th May 2008 10:55 | Last Reply

What is the correct and acceptable amount to laugh at someone who gets to a par 5 green in 2, and then 4 putts?

I chose to go down the 'lots' route, but am unsure if I've laughed at him enough.

re: Laughing
user77921
Reply : Fri 16th May 2008 10:58

Laughing is the obvious answer, however, if he does it again then try saying "Drive for show, putt for Dough" after every putt he misses....and stand well back!!!

user26537
Reply : Fri 16th May 2008 12:00

I would suggest you judge the level of laughter on the following factors:-

• Does he have a short temper ?
  • How big is he ?
  • Can you run faster ?
  • Any chance of a head start ?
  • If the odds are weighted in your favour then laugh as hard as you can and ensure that you advise all his mates in the bar afterwards.

If the odds are in his favour I suggest a comment of "unlucky, it happens to us all" and then tell all his mates in the bar afterwards when he is not there.

user24437
    Reply : Fri 16th May 2008 12:03

Depends how many shots you take.  If you get on the green in 4 and 1 putt then laughing like a drain is allowed, however if you 4 putt.......

user50354
    Reply : Fri 16th May 2008 12:08

Other factors may come into the equation:

1) How tall is he

2) How fast can he run

3) Can you run faster

4) Do you need a lift home

5) Whose round is it

user9368
    Reply : Fri 16th May 2008 13:34

i find pointing at your buddy will help add to the whole effect of a proper belly laugh

user25349
    Reply : Fri 16th May 2008 15:39

I find that if I can't stifle my laughter by the next tee, I end up fluffing my tee shot and the laugh comes back on me!

If its in a friendly game, its ok.  Its good to laugh and enjoy your game, so long as the person you're laughing at can join in with it!

user9368
    Reply : Fri 16th May 2008 19:46

You could also try looking at other players in your 4 ball and raising your eyebrows. I think that this gesture can also achieve the desired result.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top