Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hands up, who watched the Masters!!?

Posted by: user77921 | Fri 11th Apr 2008 10:16 | Last Reply

The Masters is back!! Even a slightly less slick than average Gary Lineker presenting couldn't dampen my enthusiasm.

What was everybodies favourite shot from yesterdays play? Poulters hole in one is up there!!

Mine though is Tigers shot when he had a tricky looking shot (faced by a load of trees), he managed to belt the ball below the tree line, and draw it so it missed the trunks, about 200 yards up the fairway, to just short of the green!!

Had that have been me, I would have nailed the first big tree, right infront of me and then proceeded to chip out on to the fairway, but then thats probably why I have never won a major!

Last edit : Fri 11th Apr 2008 10:17
re: Hands up, who watched the Masters!!?
user24437
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 11:31

Came back from the pub and made a strong coffee and sat down to watch a bit of the golf.  Woke up at 1.20 halfway through the sign language version of Panorama.

user26342
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 11:32

what's nice about the masters (so far) is that there are quite a few europeans leading the way.

I hope Justin Rose can go all the way this year, he's swinging really nice.

did anyone see the par 3 comp??? There were about 5 hole in ones!!!

John. 

user77921
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 13:09

I think its probably to do with the TV rights Matt. Thats why the BBC highlights were a bit stop and start at the start of the program, because they only get the pictures that the Amercian TV company gives them. The BBC would not be able to outbid them so can only show higlights, and then live coverage later in the day.

user81455
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 17:04

Ian Poulter's hole in one was great but where would it have gone if it had just missed the hole and pin.  The speed it was travelling the water looked favourite. 

Looking forward to Saturday when the weather is due to be a bit dodgy.  I really enjoyed watching last year when the pros were struggling with the conditions as well as the course.  Not from any latent sadisitic tendancies but I just think it makes more interesting viewing when they are having to think about what they are doing and playing more inventive shots.  In good conditions pro golf can get a bit metronomic.

user25268
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2008 20:45

Too many breaks for american adverts, so too much of Liniker, but was'nt it great to see Sandy up with the leaders, there's still life in us old gits yet even if it is only a flash in the pan.

user81455
Reply : Mon 14th Apr 2008 21:47

Dave, I agree shots shown out of order was a tension killer as was the references to score changes before we got to see the final putt which happened on more than one occasion.  I do like the graphics as long as they do illustrate something interesting.  Some sports do go over the top.  It might be my old gas fired tele but I did struggle to see the cup and I am sure that could be enhanced.

Really enjoyed the final day especially the fear on Immelman's face when he put it in the bunker on 17 and the fact he managed to steel himself and pull through.  If only we could bottle it and feed it to Rose, Casey and Poulter.  Wish someone could teach Westwood to putt too.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top