Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

I keep getting flashes.

Posted by: user23840 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 19th Feb 2008 17:59 | Last Reply

Why will it not stay consistently throughout a round?

Played yesterday at Brocket hall, Lovely golf course.

I managed to score 28 points, with 6, yes that's 6 blobs. One day I'll get my head right and post a good score again. 

re: I keep getting flashes.
user24437
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 19:23

Before or after the N v S Danny?

user23840
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 19:28

On the day will do.

user9368
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 19:46

Your stats look fairly consistent to me? Bearing in mind your handicap is only 1 less than  mine on round up round down. Check out my latest run of scores and cheer yourself up. I wish i had those flashes you speak of

Your bring it back for the NvS im sure

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 19:57

Col, have you seen you can set your 'Round security' in your profile so others can see a snapshot and comment on your round.

Come on mate want to return the friendly banter  

user23840
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 20:39

I just get so frustrated. I play on hole like I've just started playing the game, then the next like  A club pro.

user23840
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 20:46

I put yesterdays round up. A big fat 100

user52922
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 20:58

How on earth can you shoot 100, Danny, I could throw it round in less than that.

user24437
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 21:42

It's easy Johm. I do it all the time

user9368
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 22:18

check it now Darren, thanks for the heads up

Col

user23840
Reply : Tue 19th Feb 2008 23:06

I'm asking myself the same question John. Thinking of giving it up. 

user9368
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 13:31

Danny, the courses you normaly play have a scratch score of 64, 67 and 68 and you are averaging around 90. The course you carded 100 on has a scratch score of 72 which is at least 4 shots over your normal courses so in relality you only shot at max 6 shots over you avg which is within the normal variation you can see from your scores.

Therfore you have not got worse, you just had the round that you were due and now its over wont have for a little while again. Put it to the test, go back this weekend and perhaps youll find that youll play to the better end of your ability and card an 88.

Col

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 16:12

Don't give it up Danny, we all get depressed with our game at times and I am no different, I can assure you.

If you don't want your swing then let me have it, as I will know what to do with it.

user24437
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 16:19

You'd probably have to adjust your yardage John!

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 16:29

I know what you mean, Tim, having had the pleasure of a round with Danny. It is because of that experience that I know he has the capability to be a very good player, given the right direction.

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 19:39

Hi David, hope you had a nice time in the Algarve. Paul always did hit it out of sight, nothing new there, but judging by the scores from the pair of you, something else must have not been working too well.

user9368
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 19:48

Dave, have you seen you can set your 'Round security' in your profile so others can see a snapshot and comment on your round.

Hope the weather was good for ya

Col

user23840
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 20:00

Its the see-saw nature of my golf that gets to me.

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 20:14

Because you are so powerful, Danny, anything offline usually costs you more than the average hitter and from what you said about Brockett Hall, you had six holes where the wheels came off, for reasons that only you will know.

Why not think your way round instead of blasting your way round, after all bogey golf is quite simple to play and takes out all the hazards. I know it isn't easy to play safe but if you want to score then I suggest you give it a go.

I have to do it myself now, as there are many par fours that I cannot reach and almost every par five is a four shotter for me.

I play with players who hit the ball as far as you but at the end of the round the most important thing is, how many, and no one is interested how you got it

user23840
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 20:41

Its not straying off line thats the problem. Bad club selection, poor bunker play, poor chipping and pitching and just a genreral lack of concertration.

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 20:54

Cub selection for you, Danny, is always going to be a problem with the height that you hit the ball. It is very difficult to guage length with high shots. It is this alone which causes your bad club selection as you don't know exactly how far you fly each of your clubs.

Poor chipping and pitching can be worked on, but I feel that you are being faced with the more difficult pitch and chip shots because of the poor distance judgement of your irons into the green.

This is where course management comes into its own, yes you do have the game to hit every green in regulation figures, but your scores tell me that you don't and probably you are leaving yourself the wrong side of a green, in a trap with a close pin, leaving yourself putts that are above the hole with large borrows, which are always difficult to get right.

The difference between the scratch man and you, Danny, is only one shot a hole and if I hit the ball like you I would be scratch again.

We will have to get out together and get you on the right track.

Last edit : Wed 20th Feb 2008 21:01
user50843
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 21:43

You do realise, John, you are taking bookings at all the Golfshake events for lessons ar'nt you ? 

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 21:51

Lol,Tony, I will only say that I will help anyone who asks for it. I was fortunate enough to blessed with an ability to play this game well and I love to see others doing the same. It can be frustrating to see players who have ability, but never seem to move forward because their thinking is suspect.

The basics are simple, everyone knows them, but something happens between the ears when we all get out on the course.

We are about the same handicap now and I expect you will hit the ball much better than I, but I have learned how to get round a golf course playing rubbish.

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 21:52

I made no comment about your scores in the Algarve, David, only about Pauls scores with him hitting it out of sight.

You will not play badly on the 2nd, I will not allow it.

user9368
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 21:59

Dave, just give me an opening and ill happily take your game apart. Im sure i can outdo your better half in the insults if youll let me

Col

user23840
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 23:02

How can I hit it lower?

user52922
Reply : Wed 20th Feb 2008 23:17

A powerful swing like yours, Danny is bound to hit the ball high as your follow through is strong. Lower ball flight requires curtailment of the follow through.

As a practice I suggest you take your 7 iron down to wedge and attempt to put them all on the green at a distance of 100 yds. You will soon acquire the feel for the distance.

user23840
Reply : Thu 21st Feb 2008 15:54

And that will help keep the ball lower?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top