Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

nearly new golfer

Posted by: user81725 | Tue 12th Feb 2008 19:41 | Last Reply

Hi all, just introducing myself to fellow golfers everywhere, but in particular Northern Ireland. I started playing just under 2 years ago at the age of 47(late I know), I had 1 lesson up at Knockbracken driving range, and have seen my handicap reduce from 28 to a reasonable 21. though my fellow golfers believe me to be closer to 18 I am still to be convinced. I am a member of Castlereagh golf course, but have played anywhere that has reasonable rates, and some not so reasonable with the help of a friends open fairways book. I play with a good few mates, but am always willing to go out with someone new as I feel this is the only way to improve my game. My mates and I are off to Malaga shortly to play at La Cala, we were there last year and it is absolutely wonderful though as I had only began playing and was struggling to hit the ball with any concistency I didn't appreciate it as a golfer, I'm really looking forward it it this year. Played Shandon the other day and went round in 90 my best ever score and my first time on the course, I was well pleased.

re: nearly new golfer
user80078
Reply : Wed 13th Feb 2008 18:52

Hi Pat. Although a late comer to golf you certainly seem to enjoy yourself and congratulations on getting your handicap down so soon. I'm sure you will enjoy La Cala . I have played on quite a few courses on the Costas (Torrequabrada, El Chapparall, Malaga included) Have only visited Northern Ireland once, but was made very welcome at a course named Cairndhu. Lovely golf and lovely people. Enjoy yourself. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top