Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New/2nd hand golf clubs

Posted by: user643493 | Tue 23rd Jun 2015 17:51 | Last Reply

I'm am completely new to playing golf only been a few times still working on a consistent swing spending a lot of time at the driving range to work on this.

My wife/kids got me a second hand club set for FATHERSDAY fantastic gift and couldn't have asked for a better one.

Just wondering if some one could give me some info on the clubs I did get not that it bothers me to much yet as I'm just starting out and currently on my way to the driving rage to test run them

I have had a quick look in line but cannot really see anything about the clubs at all They are:

Dunlop 4 blueFLASH (driver I think) 3wood: taylormade burner3 USA 15^ Irons:3,4,5,7,9 Wilson blueridge (SEAD) Putter is: GRATEX MID SIZED

Quite a variation but in very good condition and look to me as they would help me start my game at least

Appreciate any more info if anybody has it thanks

Last edit : Tue 23rd Jun 2015 17:51
re: New/2nd hand golf clubs
user106712
Reply : Wed 24th Jun 2015 08:24

The irons are blades which are probably the hardest clubs to use especially for a beginner. But if you can use them and hit the ball well then there is no problem. Most newbies usually start with "forgiving" clubs with deep cavity backs or even hybrids to replace the longer irons 3 and 4. Keep using them at the driving range but try to "borrow" some forgiving clubs and see the difference. Good luck

Last edit : Wed 24th Jun 2015 08:24
re: New/2nd hand golf clubs
user643493
Reply : Wed 24th Jun 2015 11:07

Thanks for that Adrian I went to the driving range yesterday had a few swings with the woods but mainly practiced the 7,5 irons did ok with them no worse than befor 3 in 10 went either silly wide, short or mis hit and went wild

The good strikes I did get I was averaging 130/140 yards with the 7iron and 150/160yrds with the 5 iron This are. Probably better distances than I am getting with the woods at the moment but I will work on them once I happy with the iron work

Thanks for you advice

Last edit : Wed 24th Jun 2015 11:07

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top