Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Latest Peter Alliss Nonsense

Posted by: user451055 | Tue 7th Apr 2015 16:49 | Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/32202497

This annoys me in so many ways! Of course the wives of Muirfield members can play whenever they want to play, that's because they are wives of members and I bet most do not work.

I think Peter needs to open his eyes to the present day situation and realise that many women golfers do actually work and cannot play when they want to play. They have to play at the weekend as they work the rest of the time. So that means they need to play on a Saturday. How many clubs allowed that before equality.

Yes many clubs (including mine) lost women members because of the extra cost straight after equality but right now we are seeing a surge in new younger women members because we are no longer second class citizens at the club. This is resulting in a lower age average as well as boosting the membership.

I'm sure Peter Alliss still sees women as non working and spend all their days shopping and baking and then making their husbands tea.

Still quite like his commentary though - at least it is better than Monty!

Last edit : Tue 7th Apr 2015 16:49
re: Latest Peter Alliss Nonsense
user53837
Reply : Sun 12th Apr 2015 15:07

Yes you are right - it's a much bigger conversation than just this article focused on his thoughts!

Last edit : Sun 12th Apr 2015 15:07

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top