Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New Year Resolutions

Posted by: user46817 | Mon 24th Dec 2007 19:56 | Last Reply

Has everyone achieved their golfing New Year resolutions for 2007?

What are your 2008 resolutions?

Is their some way to track them? I always forget mine.

So next year I want to swear less when I hit a totally rubbish shot and beat all my FIR/GIR/Putting percentages from this year.

Also be as natty as Mr Santorini in my attire!

re: New Year Resolutions
user9368
Reply : Tue 25th Dec 2007 19:53

One more game left to achieve mine, to get under a twenty handicap.

Need to shoot a net 3 under i think so may be a little diffcult anyway wish me luck.

Col

user23840
Reply : Wed 26th Dec 2007 08:55

Mine was to lose some weight, and improve my short game. I've done a little of both, which has help stop the rot.

Now I need to keep going to get the handicap down . 3 or 4 stone off, and my handicap down to 17 by the NvsS golf day.

Last edit : Wed 26th Dec 2007 09:04
user9137
Reply : Thu 27th Dec 2007 08:51

Mine was to get my handicap down from 16 to 12 and to try and break 80 for the first time in my 6 years of playing ( I took up the game on my 50th birthday ). With just one game left to play this year I was so close to achieving both of my aims. My handicap came down to 13 and also I shot 80 ( on par 72 courses ) a couple of times. Oh well theres always next year!</p><p>As for next year - well Im going for 12 and breaking 80 for the first time  - again. 

Have a good new year everyone - Ian

Last edit : Thu 27th Dec 2007 08:54
user9368
Reply : Thu 27th Dec 2007 20:21

Check out my new sub twenty handicap

Par three course and shooting 4 over on the back nine helped

Probably only 5 more games till im back over.

user77921
Reply : Fri 28th Dec 2007 14:35

Cracking effort Colin, even better that you timed the obtaining of your new years resolution to your last round of golf!!!! My golfing resolution for this year was to get back to playing at around 18 handicap or better, however due to going travelling for four months my opportunities to play golf dwindled a little more than i would have liked, so my resolution for this year is the same as last...to get my handicap below 18!!

user9368
Reply : Fri 28th Dec 2007 17:08

Yes it is highly suspicious, if it wasnt me i would be dubious myself. All i have to do now is try and play to my new handicap.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 5th Jan 2008 21:10

Mine was to play more golf and focus on my mental game, you obviously need to play to do that and a new arrival didn't help.

This year got to be, low 20 handicap, fitness and mental game!

So here's to 2008.  Good luck to all.

user9368
Reply : Sat 5th Jan 2008 22:29

My 2008 resolution will be to maintain my sub 20 handicap plus i want my first Eagle. I also want to improve on my matchplay results which until now always seems to end up 6&5 not in my favour, Darren has 1st hand experience of this.

Last edit : Tue 29th Jul 2008 13:33
user9368
Reply : Tue 29th Jul 2008 13:32

Back under twenty now all i need is that Eagle. Drove the green on the par 4 5th landed about 3 foot from pin then 3 putted the whole round was one dinied birdie after another.

Still theres still 5 months left

col

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 29th Jul 2008 15:48

Hmmmmm.  Unfortunately all scrapped for me.

Should be back on track on September, so will see what I can do in the last 3 months

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top