Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hi Lads

Posted by: user608564 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 19th Sep 2014 08:53 | Last Reply

Hi ive just joines and after my worst ever game of golf in liverpool having a few blobs that make the round 117 gross in total I CRIED lol

However its time to get down to business and hope to play more and get my 28 HC down in the next 6 months

I live in Gloucester

Last edit : Fri 19th Sep 2014 08:53
re: Hi Lads
user16106
Reply : Fri 19th Sep 2014 21:20

Welcome Terry, We all started on 28hcap, what improves is the bad shots happen less often. ( in theory ). Three tips i would give to start shooting under 100 would be 1: leave the driver at home , use the 5 wood off the longer tees. 2: slow the swing down, not speed it up, you will see an improvement, 3: The 3 ps, Practice Putting Pace. You should never be 3 foot wide of a hole but could easy be 3 ft long or short without a bit of practice. Welcome to the forum. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Fri 19th Sep 2014 21:20
user23669
Reply : Fri 19th Sep 2014 22:52

Welcome to the forum.

I suppose I should say take a couple of lessons early, I had loads of problems with my swing due to not taking any lessons early on, you don't need to go mad about them but just to help you get the basics.

As Dave says putting is he most import to practice because that is where you will spend on average 36 putts per round if you try & 2 putt each green. I know from my own experience that tying to hit 300 yards off the tee feels great but sinking the putts really lowers your score.

Anyway All the best in the future with your game

Last edit : Fri 19th Sep 2014 22:52
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 19th Sep 2014 23:50

Hi Terry, welcome aboard

I live just up the road from you in Stroud and I'm a member at Minchinhampton and work in Tewkesbury so if ever you fancy a game let me know. Sherdons is good for 9 holes after work and Brickhampton is a forgiving knock in the middle

If you're looking for lessons, I highly recommend Rob Ralph at Minchinhampton or a bit closer to home Dave a Finch at Cleeve Hill taught me how to play

Last edit : Fri 19th Sep 2014 23:50
user608564
Reply : Sun 21st Sep 2014 08:41

Thankyou very much for your advice lads will be out this week sometime I hope

Chris thamks for the offer hope to take you up on that sometime.

Last edit : Sun 21st Sep 2014 08:41
user246626
Reply : Sun 21st Sep 2014 11:18

Hi Terry. I live in Gloucester. If you ever fancy a round let me know.

Adam

Last edit : Sun 21st Sep 2014 11:18

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top